PDA

View Full Version : 100M Understanding the Superhub.

adzii_nufc
14-07-2011, 11:07
Had 100mb installed yesterday, Took my VMNG300 away which hardly bothers me as the Superhub is only going to be used as a Wired Modem with Minimal WiFi use as everything is wired apart from my Android phone.

First of all.

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/07/58.png
https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/07/59.png

There is the 'Superhub' not working as usual... :p: Obviously I'm joking

Secondly.

Is there anything in the settings I should be ticking or unticking to help maintain stable performance?

bigsinky
14-07-2011, 11:16
got mine install this morning. tech bod let me keep both my old 50Mbit modem and netgear router. again i would be interested in tweaking the modem. over 96Mbit. am i flogging a dead horse here or can i squeeze a wee bit more out of it. like adzil, it will be a wired network. only 1 laptop, iPad and a couple of mobile phones will be connecting wirelessly. no gaming at all.

adzii_nufc
14-07-2011, 11:20
9/10 your top speed will be around the 96-97mbit mark with rare occasions hitting 100mbit.

kwikbreaks
14-07-2011, 11:20
It will still hack you off when it goes on strike for no obvious reason and your phone won't connect until you reboot it.

Setting the Wifi to 145Mbps mode improves WiFi stability (ie it will sometimes last anything up to a week).

Some report turning off IP flood protection helps but I strongly suspect that the firmware fix for that problem consisted of the simple expedient of ignoring the setting.

Some report that port forwarding with "both" can lead to issues so set TCP/UDP as required.

adzii_nufc
14-07-2011, 11:22
My phone connects fine at the minute to hope that does not become an issue, Although I have a data plan on Vodafone anyway it's just 3G is all loading pages and no fun :(

TJS
14-07-2011, 11:46
It will still hack you off when it goes on strike for no obvious reason and your phone won't connect until you reboot it.

Setting the Wifi to 145Mbps mode improves WiFi stability (ie it will sometimes last anything up to a week).

Some report turning off IP flood protection helps but I strongly suspect that the firmware fix for that problem consisted of the simple expedient of ignoring the setting.

Some report that port forwarding with "both" can lead to issues so set TCP/UDP as required.

never had that.

kwikbreaks
14-07-2011, 12:14
never had that.I did and the VM community board has plenty of other complaints of the same thing.

If it was only me I wouldn't have mentioned it as purely personal experiences count for little. It may well be that like you the OP has no problems.

adzii_nufc
15-07-2011, 00:07
Any chance of disabling the blue light on the front? Giving me a banging headache as I'm always going to be right beside the hub when using the PC.

Any chance or is it a dump it on the floor upside down job?

hjf288
15-07-2011, 00:48
Nice Pings :p

Fancy running a pingtest at pingtest.net?

kenoliver
15-07-2011, 09:54
Any chance of disabling the blue light on the front? Giving me a banging headache as I'm always going to be right beside the hub when using the PC.

Any chance or is it a dump it on the floor upside down job?

A strip of Electricians black tape over the lights did it for me :erm:

Trouble is at night the lights get reflected back into the hub and projected up through the Top Grill onto the ceiling,:cool:

So now I don't use the wireless function it's in a cupboard :)