PDA

View Full Version : 100M 100mb BB list?

Gavin78
09-07-2011, 23:03
Just wondering if there was an updated one around? I am in leeds and its showing that its not here yet on the VM site but I was going to order Tivo so figured while I was on the phone I would order them all together

davidthornton
10-07-2011, 01:43
Just wondering if there was an updated one around? I am in leeds and its showing that its not here yet on the VM site but I was going to order Tivo so figured while I was on the phone I would order them all together

Ignore the list because however up to date it apparently is, it's still wrong. I've got 100Mbit and the latest list states Septemner 2011 for my area. Just keep using the post code checker on the Virgin Media web site. :)

qasdfdsaq
10-07-2011, 03:17
The list lists the latest date by which the entire area should be enabled, not the earliest date by which part of the area gets enabled.

philwhite100
10-07-2011, 16:14
Ignore the list because however up to date it apparently is, it's still wrong. I've got 100Mbit and the latest list states Septemner 2011 for my area. Just keep using the post code checker on the Virgin Media web site. :)

If the list is wrong, does this include where it says Being Planned as this is what it says for us.

Thanks.

davidthornton
10-07-2011, 19:46
If the list is wrong, does this include where it says Being Planned as this is what it says for us.

Thanks.

I think the only thing you can do is use the post code checker once a week to see if 100Mbit has come to you. If the list is actually a "last potentially available date" list, like with me, if could come to you substantially earlier.

KangoChad
11-07-2011, 18:30
Have to agree with davidthornton.. I check the VM My VM site from time to time.. today I checked with the post code checker and voila.. 100 smackeroos available now when it says Sep-11 on the pdf list.

I almost wet myself with excitement.. oh, I think I did :D

I pay around 50 quid for BB50mb, TV-M and Phone XL.. How much extra do you think I'll have to pay for an upgrade? Has anybody found a nice, cost effective way for a good price?

Thanks in advance.. :monkey:

Gordon_30
11-07-2011, 19:00
just ring up the CS people and ask

that's what I did about 5.30 today and was told it was available even thought the post code checker and the list said otherwise

now have 100mb and didn't need the superhub either

well happy

philwhite100
11-07-2011, 19:06
Have to agree with davidthornton.. I check the VM My VM site from time to time.. today I checked with the post code checker and voila.. 100 smackeroos available now when it says Sep-11 on the pdf list.

I almost wet myself with excitement.. oh, I think I did :D

I pay around 50 quid for BB50mb, TV-M and Phone XL.. How much extra do you think I'll have to pay for an upgrade? Has anybody found a nice, cost effective way for a good price?

Thanks in advance.. :monkey:

100meg is only £35.00 a month if you have a Virgin Phoneline so you should be paying less than what you are currently for your 50meg.
We are currently paying £45 a month for 50meg BB so it seems we are being charged too much.
I know that on our VIP50 package we get discounts but this is the bit i find very confusing.
When 100meg is available in our area it surely means that we will be paying less per month for that, than we are currently paying for 50meg.

KangoChad
11-07-2011, 19:21
Ok cheers, will give them a call v.soon. What package did you have before you upgraded and how much are you paying, I'd just like to get a general idea from others before I call, so I know what to expect and see how much I could possibly haggle ;-)

---------- Post added at 19:13 ---------- Previous post was at 19:07 ----------

100meg is only £35.00 a month if you have a Virgin Phoneline so you should be paying less than what you are currently for your 50meg.

Sorry, my post was a little late.

How does that work out then, it doesn't make sense to me? Paying less for an upgraded service? I mean, I'm not complaining at all I'm loving your post but could you explain to me how I'd go about explaining that to a CS member?

Cheers

---------- Post added at 19:21 ---------- Previous post was at 19:13 ----------

We are currently paying £45 a month for 50meg BB so it seems we are being charged too much.
I know that on our VIP50 package we get discounts but this is the bit i find very confusing.
When 100meg is available in our area it surely means that we will be paying less per month for that, than we are currently paying for 50meg.

Thanks for your reply, it's appreciated. I'll give CS a call tomorrow and see what I can do.. I wish the pricing wasn't so complicated!!

Cheers

philwhite100
11-07-2011, 19:27
Just another thing i have thought of regarding this. I think i read in another thread that the 100meg activation fee is not charged if ordered online??
If this is the case and assuming that 100meg might actually be available in our area if i phoned up CS and they said yes how would i apply online to save on the activation fee if it is not yet shown on the VM website in my area??

Perhaps i am getting the wrong end of the stick again.

bigsinky
12-07-2011, 15:23
my hub was not supposed to upgraded until september according to the rollout. i checked online today and the postcode checker says i can get 100meg. when i use the online updater it didnt give me the 100meg option. so on the phone to CS who confirmed 100meg was available. i asked about installation charge. she said it was free but the activation was still £30. i told her i didn't want the superhub and could i keep my old 50meg modem. i was told i had no choice but i could switch the wireless off in the superhub and hard wire it into my old router. engineer out on thursday between 8am and 1pm. Result. :D

davidthornton
12-07-2011, 15:33
my hub was not supposed to upgraded until september according to the rollout. i checked online today and the postcode checker says i can get 100meg. when i use the online updater it didnt give me the 100meg option. so on the phone to CS who confirmed 100meg was available. i asked about installation charge. she said it was free but the activation was still £30. i told her i didn't want the superhub and could i keep my old 50meg modem. i was told i had no choice but i could switch the wireless off in the superhub and hard wire it into my old router. engineer out on thursday between 8am and 1pm. Result. :D

The post code checker is the only sure way I have found to know if you can get 100Mbit. to keep the VMNG300 modem, you could have said you already had all the equipment. I did and managed to get 100Mbit turned on without getting a Superhub or paying activation. I'll ask for one when I need it, after R28 firmware is released and confirmed to be stable. What if the engineer doesn't turn up. That'll be five hours spent waiting in, which is fine if you don't have anywhere else to be. Although I respect engineers, I do get fed up of waiting when they can only give a five hour window.

bigsinky
12-07-2011, 15:39
The post code checker is the only sure way I have found to know if you can get 100Mbit. to keep the VMNG300 modem, you could have said you already had all the equipment. I did and managed to get 100Mbit turned on without getting a Superhub or paying activation. I'll ask for one when I need it, after R28 firmware is released and confirmed to be stable. What if the engineer doesn't turn up. That'll be five hours spent waiting in, which is fine if you don't have anywhere else to be. Although I respect engineers, I do get fed up of waiting when they can only give a five hour window.

I am off this week on holidays anyway, but yes you are right a 5 hour window does seem to give them a bit of leeway. gonna have to read up on the superhub debacle. anything i need to know before the engineer comes round?

MK1
12-07-2011, 16:30
Updated - Tuesday 12th July 2011

http://shop.virginmedia.com/content/...t_12_07_11.pdf (http://shop.virginmedia.com/content/dam/allyours/pdf/100Mb_rollout_12_07_11.pdf)

Areas - 221
Available now - 146
July - 2
Sept - 2
Oct - 6
Nov - 1
Dec - 10
Being planned - 54

TJS
12-07-2011, 16:34
Updated - Tuesday 12th July 2011

http://shop.virginmedia.com/content/...t_12_07_11.pdf (http://shop.virginmedia.com/content/dam/allyours/pdf/100Mb_rollout_12_07_11.pdf)

Areas - 221
Available now - 146
July - 2
Sept - 2
Oct - 6
Nov - 1
Dec - 10
Being planned - 54

Still only 'being planned' for my area :(

qasdfdsaq
12-07-2011, 17:43
I'm running out of insults I can use for these incompetant planners.

Ignitionnet
12-07-2011, 19:12
Some areas have dropped out of 'Being Planned' on the 100Mb and have dates now.

Obviously those areas in that state for the upstream upgrade will see 'Being Planned' on the 100Mb until at very least the upload issue has been resolved.

It seems likely that 'Being Planned' upload areas aren't going to actually leave that state, they will be marked as completed when done and that's the first we'll know.

philwhite100
12-07-2011, 19:27

Obviously those areas in that state for the upstream upgrade will see 'Being Planned' on the 100Mb until at very least the upload issue has been resolved.

It seems likely that 'Being Planned' upload areas aren't going to actually leave that state, they will be marked as completed when done and that's the first we'll know.

Thanks for that. it now says October for our area.

TJS
13-07-2011, 08:17

5 mb upload here since november(ish) 2010 and no set date for 100 mb

roughbeast
16-07-2011, 10:48
It is notable in the rollout list that the non-upgraded areas are very much in the minority now and that most of these, including Coventry, are still in the 'being planned' category.

Ignitionnet
16-07-2011, 10:59
Yes, those remaining are either Cisco10k areas which need line card installations and/or rearrangement of nodes or abandonware areas waiting to receive upgrades to upstream to bring them into the 21st century.

browney
16-07-2011, 10:59
the rollout list says my area has it now but the postcode checker says I can get 50mb max

Ignitionnet
16-07-2011, 11:05
Give them a ring, a few people have had issues ordering.

Also be sure you connect to Sunderland not another hubsite.

roughbeast
16-07-2011, 17:54
Yes, those remaining are either Cisco10k areas which need line card installations and/or rearrangement of nodes or abandonware areas waiting to receive upgrades to upstream to bring them into the 21st century.

So, Coventry must be in the former category of needing card renewal and/or node rearrangement. Interesting because I know that the reason the 200Mb trial ended quickly in Coventry was because work was being done on 100Mb. That was way back in February.