PDA

View Full Version : VMDG280 causing issues with Qnap NAS

basil
09-07-2011, 13:07
Hi all,

Last week I had to say goodbye to my trustworthy and very reliable 20mb modem after various outages required it a replacement. I now have the somewhat flaky VMDG280 modem+router.

I followed this tutorial on the vm support forums (http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/General-broadband-questions/VMDG280-Virgin-Netgear-router-is-unworkable-please-send-me-or-re/m-p/398761#M14487) on how to disable the nat router on the VMD280 so I could still use my linksys wrt54gs + tomato os firmware. All is working fine except I can no longer remotely access (via ssl webdav) my qnap nas. I have forwarded all the correct ports on my linksys router (443, 81 and 80) and this setup worked correctly before the VMDG280 was installed, which makes me think some routing or conflict is happening within the VMDG280 despite disabling it's routing capability.

Any thoughts?

kwikbreaks
09-07-2011, 14:50
I'd guess that you may have forgotten...

7. Next lets pass everything from the VMDG280 router "unfiltered" to the WGR614v7. To do this we have to head over to "DMZ Host" under the "Advanced" section and make sure that the ip address is: 192.168.0.2 (the WGR614v7). This will basically forward everything to the other router.

..or it could be yet another Superhub deficiency - I have seen others complain that the DMZ doesn't work although it did for me but using non-standard ports unlike those you have.

basil
09-07-2011, 15:38
I'd guess that you may have forgotten...

..or it could be yet another Superhub deficiency - I have seen others complain that the DMZ doesn't work although it did for me but using non-standard ports unlike those you have.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I double checked and that step had been completed.

I will give 'using non-standard ports' a go