PDA

View Full Version : Superhub Super hub problems

xVirusHD
05-07-2011, 19:29
I recently upgraded to the new virgin superhub 50MB. Since i have changed over to the new hub. Some self embeded videos "BBC NEWS SITE VIDEOS" no longer work. (note not iplayer just videos on the bbc new site and over sites like it".

Things i have done:

checked flash, firewall, security programs etc.

The same problems occurs on my linux server machine.

Tryed to change the DNS with the hub (windows DNS IPV4 changed), but as that i can see it does not look possible to change the DNS with dynamic IP within the superhub.

i have now run out of ideas.

Stephen
05-07-2011, 19:35
Have you turned off ip flood detection on the superhub?

xVirusHD
05-07-2011, 19:44
i have and still the same thing.

xVirusHD
06-07-2011, 12:42
anyone else have any other ideas!

kwikbreaks
06-07-2011, 13:56
If you can post up a link or two to stories where a video fails for you I'm sure other superhub and non-superhub users will try them out and post back.

The "some" is rather strange - I'd have expected it to be all working or non working - have you identified anything special about the duff ones?

dwhitt
06-07-2011, 15:15
My good lady called VM customer services today as both the TIVO and superhub internet connections have been flakey since Tuesday morning. The helpful lady raised a problem ticket as there is a known issue with customers with tivo installs experiencing slow or connection dropouts. I'm in the BN1 area & the helpful lady suggested it will be fixed by Friday.

I'm getting same issues you're experiencing... slow or nonexistance embedded videos in pages etc.