PDA

View Full Version : Superhub I've cocked it up

TuesdayWildchild
03-07-2011, 11:14
Hi you clever buch of nice peeps.

I am new to this superhub thingy and have changed the password and username but if a fit of stupidity cant find it writen down :dozey:

Please please please help me

I,ve pushed the reset in hope this would clear it but no so how do ~I reset to factory setting please.

sure this won't tax you clever peeps to much on a sunday

Thanks for your advice

Kymmy
03-07-2011, 11:19
http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=345041

Hugh
03-07-2011, 11:20
If you press the reset button on the bottom of the back of the hub, this should reset it to default username admin with the password changeme

(this is to allow access to the hub menus - wifi is different, but you can set that up once you access the menus.

Kymmy
03-07-2011, 11:20
Sounds like you were not holding the reset long enough.. needs to be 20+ seconds

TuesdayWildchild
03-07-2011, 11:30
Thanks Kymmy

your link didn't work but have found the reset info by looking at the link direction.

now to give it a go.

back in a mo

---------- Post added at 11:25 ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 ----------

Slow down slow down

so many ideas

right will hold it longer first

---------- Post added at 11:30 ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 ----------

Thankyou very very much

You are indeed peeps of enlightenment

Kymmy
03-07-2011, 11:39
Link works fine for me anyone else?

Here's the text from the artice
Resetting the Super Hub

1. Look at the side of Super Hub, where the Power light is.

2. Above the Power light, you will see a pinhole marked 'RESET'. Use a paper clip to press the pinhole reset button for 20 seconds.

3. The Super Hub should now revert to its factory default settings – the same as those listed on the information panel on the back of the device.

4. We recommend that you now turn off the power to the Super Hub for 60 seconds and then turn it back on.

Once the reset is complete and the Super Hub has been restarted, you will need to set up any previously connected computers or devices to reconnect to the wireless network.

Here are our guides on how to make a wireless connection to the Super Hub on various Operating Systems.

AndyCalling
03-07-2011, 11:46

It will work for you, because you were logged in to the VM web site when you copied the link. You should log out and then copy the link to the page if it is available to guests, perhaps then the rest of us could avoid the VM error screen but I'm not sure. Try it.

Hugh
03-07-2011, 12:48

I got this message The following error occurred:

Error:Your web template session has expired. Please login again.

Might be because I was accessing it from an iPad.....

ScottSilver
03-07-2011, 13:13
I got this message

Might be because I was accessing it from an iPad.....

I get that too on Chrome. I believe the link we're looking for is in-fact: http://help.virginmedia.com/system/viewArticle.jsp?uuid=0C24A430-DE92-4319-9F4A-534B2E9E69CE

Kymmy
03-07-2011, 13:30
It will work for you, because you were logged in to the VM web site when you copied the link. You should log out and then copy the link to the page if it is available to guests, perhaps then the rest of us could avoid the VM error screen but I'm not sure. Try it.

Strange as it's impossible for me to log in being a business user :rolleyes:

It'll be because it's a session created via a search

Nopanic
03-07-2011, 13:50
http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&EXPANDED_TOPIC_TREE_NODES=&VM_CUSTOMER_TYPE=Cable&ARTICLE_ID=345041&USEFUL_ITEM=USEFUL_ITEM&USERTYPE=1&CONFIGURATION=1002&PARTITION_ID=1&TIMEZONE_OFFSET=