PDA

View Full Version : 50M 1 year later and escalating problems

Kabaal
02-07-2011, 18:14
I've been having problems with my 50mb internet for the past year, it randomly cuts out around lunch time and reconnects at tea-time. So goes out at 12:00-15:00, occasionally within the hour after that. It always comes back up between 5 and 7 pm.

I've had engineers sent out on multiple occasions and they always find nothing wrong until the last time. They sent one out on Thursday just past who found a corroded connection outside and replaced it so we had fingers crossed it was sorted.

Friday, yesterday, was fine but today the net went out again at around 12:30 in the afternoon. So, i picked up the phone to call it in as usual then noticed the phone was still unplugged from when the engineer was here a couple of days ago (i very rarely use the house phone for outbound calls so hadn't noticed), lo and behold the phone is down this time too, TV and phone have never been affected before.

The net came back up around 10 mins ago, 6pm ish but the phone is still down.

My main question is wtf am i supposed to do now? I've been going through this nonsense for over a year and am sick to my back teeth of hearing "It all looks fine" or "it should be sorted now". I try asking on the phone what i should do if the engineers don't find anything but they give the usual line saying they'll fix it, when the engineers come out they recognise that something is wrong but they can't find anything. And yet here i am with the net droppping most days between lunch time and tea time a year later, and now my phone is dead...

Nopanic
02-07-2011, 18:59
Call retentions and explain the situation, if they are not able to offer help, leave.

I hate to say it, but you're paying for a service no one seems to be able to resolve a fault on.

Another option at this point is the CEO's office.

MeeRKaT
02-07-2011, 19:09
Was the engineer in a hurry to leave ? because thats how they get paid speed = quantity not quality ( I hear that somewhere else as well )
I hate seeing a VM repair van close to where I live as in the past I have twice had my cables accidently unplugged unknown by the engr who was working on someone elses problem at the time , it is very aggrivating although it does keep the engrs in work or am I really just being cynical (once is accidental ,twice is careless or on purpose.)
Maybe thats what the engr did to your phone ?
I was wondering because of the timings on your cutouts if the problem might be due to an error on their overusage policy (not yours) and it is being done by their software ?
Anyway your next call(at least when you can make one) should see you receive a new superhub only then can you prove that it is or isn`t hardware based.
Keep us in touch with how you get on

Kabaal
02-07-2011, 19:43
---------- Post added at 19:24 ---------- Previous post was at 19:13 ----------

Was the engineer in a hurry to leave ? because thats how they get paid speed = quantity not quality ( I hear that somewhere else as well )
I hate seeing a VM repair van close to where I live as in the past I have twice had my cables accidently unplugged unknown by the engr who was working on someone elses problem at the time , it is very aggrivating although it does keep the engrs in work or am I really just being cynical (once is accidental ,twice is careless or on purpose.)
Maybe thats what the engr did to your phone ?
I was wondering because of the timings on your cutouts if the problem might be due to an error on their overusage policy (not yours) and it is being done by their software ?
Anyway your next call(at least when you can make one) should see you receive a new superhub only then can you prove that it is or isn`t hardware based.
Keep us in touch with how you get on

Nah, the engineers have been decent and in no hurry. But it's always just to test the power levels etc other than the last one who checked the connections under the manhole outside.

Biggest problem is that the net is always working when they come. I phone them when it's down and a couple of days later they come out and it's fine.

---------- Post added at 19:43 ---------- Previous post was at 19:24 ----------

Call retentions and explain the situation, if they are not able to offer help, leave.

I hate to say it, but you're paying for a service no one seems to be able to resolve a fault on.

Another option at this point is the CEO's office.

At this point i would call retentions.. but i can't use the friggin phone to get them.

A switch back to BT is looking like the only option.

MeeRKaT
02-07-2011, 21:36
---------- Post added at 19:24 ---------- Previous post was at 19:13 ----------

Nah, the engineers have been decent and in no hurry. But it's always just to test the power levels etc other than the last one who checked the connections under the manhole outside.

Biggest problem is that the net is always working when they come. I phone them when it's down and a couple of days later they come out and it's fine.

---------- Post added at 19:43 ---------- Previous post was at 19:24 ----------

Yeah but I am the person your engineer visits next and he`s in a hurry because he just wasted his time driving to your job

Kabaal
02-07-2011, 21:47
Yeah but I am the person your engineer visits next and he`s in a hurry because he just wasted his time driving to your job

I take offence at that, just because they can't find what is wrong doesn't mean it's a waste of time.

A waste is all the money i spend on services but only get provided with them a third of the time. I wish i had more info to provide them with to solve it but sadly i don't.

Stuart
03-07-2011, 00:23

Sorry, but if he's having an intermittent fault that the engineer can't find the reason for, then it's not his fault the Engineer apparently "wasted his time", so I don't personally think that comment was called for.

If he made the call deliberately knowing his service was working, then I'd agree.