PDA

View Full Version : Benefit Cheats (solution)

Gary L
02-07-2011, 14:41
I think to cut down on benefit fraud and to save millions of pounds in the process. you should be able to know what benefits people are claiming. whether they're supposed to be disabled and claiming DLA etc......

that way if you knew that they were claiming DLA and they were lifting heavy loads all day. or if they were claiming JSA and you knew they were working you could grass them up.

Good idea?

Tuftus
02-07-2011, 14:45
I am pretty sure that would be a breach of some sort of right Gary. But i can see where you are coming from...

denphone
02-07-2011, 14:48
l am all for cracking down on benefit fraud but the vast majority of claimants who claim DLA are getting it for a reason and that is because of serious illnesses or restrictions in that they are unable to work and also we must not stereotype everybody who claims benefit as a sponger of the state as that is not the truth.

Gary L
02-07-2011, 14:50
I am pretty sure that would be a breach of some sort of right Gary. But i can see where you are coming from...

I know. at the moment I'd say there's a lot of fraud because of this. because you don't know what benefits your neighbour's claiming. you can only wonder whether they are.

---------- Post added at 14:50 ---------- Previous post was at 14:49 ----------

l am all for cracking down on benefit fraud but the vast majority of claimants who claim DLA are getting it for a reason and that is because of serious illnesses or restrictions in that they are unable to work and also we must not stereotype everybody who claims benefit as a sponger of the state as that is not the truth.

I agree. but this would sort out the spongers from the genuine.

rogerdraig
02-07-2011, 14:52
why should any one know the very intimate details of peoples health ? because that is what you would have to know to make a descion on weather you thought they were doing more than they had said they were capable of

and what compensation would you be willing to give if some one was reported investigated ( with all the form filling and check ups they involve ) on a regilar baisis and being found not to have done anything wrong or should they just have the names of the reporters given to them so they can sue them individualy ?

Gary L
02-07-2011, 14:56
and what compensation would you be willing to give if some one was reported investigated ( with all the form filling and check ups they involve ) on a regilar baisis and being found not to have done anything wrong or should they just have the names of the reporters given to them so they can sue them individualy ?

They get reported already online anonymously. they don't get compensation when it's found that they have no case to answer?

Welshchris
02-07-2011, 16:25
I think to cut down on benefit fraud and to save millions of pounds in the process. you should be able to know what benefits people are claiming. whether they're supposed to be disabled and claiming DLA etc......

that way if you knew that they were claiming DLA and they were lifting heavy loads all day. or if they were claiming JSA and you knew they were working you could grass them up.

Good idea?

Totally out of order. I wouldnt want people to know what im claiming and i will tell u why.

2 years ago my benefits increased after the DLA people wrote to everyone who cares for me medically when i reput in for my benefits and they will proberbly do the same again as i just had to reput in again.

My sister found out i had gotten a higher rate and her husband who had a works accident and was off work 18 months couldnt claim DLA he tried twice. In her Jealousy she started telling people i had scammed the DLA people into giving it to me when it wasnt the case the case of the matter was the fact they had medical evidence direct from Drs etc.

What im trying to say is if people knew what ur getting and they couldnt get it they may try and make life difficult for u by putting in false claims to Benefits people.

iFrankie
02-07-2011, 17:44
Its no one else's business what people claim, fraudulently or legit.

Its up to the law to deal with it.

martyh
02-07-2011, 17:58
Given the confusing state of our benefits system it would be very easy to wrongly report someone so no definately not .It should be enough to suspect someone of benefit fraud and report them without going into details of which benefit they are defrauding

Sirius
02-07-2011, 18:05
The solution is to hunt down the CHEATS and remove there benefit's, However doing that will prove to be difficult considering the methods some CHEATS take to make sure they get a benefit they are not entitled to. This will upset the genuine claimants who will feel they are being victimised as part of the process.

Sorry for the caps but i have found it necessary sometimes because some don't read the post fully before replying.

Jimmy-J
02-07-2011, 18:19
I don't it would be a good idea, it would probably cost more than it would save. I wouldn't grass on anyone either.

Welshchris
02-07-2011, 19:55
Given the confusing state of our benefits system it would be very easy to wrongly report someone so no definately not .It should be enough to suspect someone of benefit fraud and report them without going into details of which benefit they are defrauding

it happened to me back in around 2006-2007. I recieved a letter from Income Support to say that had been informed i was working and had proof and had a list of dates and times i was leaving the flat in the morning and then returning around lunch time.

Who ever had reported me didnt realise what i was actually doing was attending Dermatology at the local hospital for treatment on my Psoriasis and i could prove it and i had a letter from the hospital with all the dates and times of my appts and sent to them.

Stuart
03-07-2011, 00:52

Good idea?

Not really. Some benefits do allow the claimant to work, and something like this would probably generate a lot of reports for people who are allowed to work. It may also stop them getting a job if their potential employer checked them out, and saw a disability. There's also the problem that not all disabilities are easy to detect. Someone who appears to be perfectly healthy can have a disability that entitles them to benefits.

You may say the Disability Discrimination Act would apply (and it would), but how would they prove that the employer didn't just throw the application out randomly without even looking at it? After all, if the person had a mental problem (say bi-polar disorder, although I don't know if a bi-polar person would be entitled to any benefits), and the employer saw that, he may decide to employ another person rather than deal with any potential problems caused by employing a mentally ill person.

rogerdraig
03-07-2011, 13:46
They get reported already online anonymously. they don't get compensation when it's found that they have no case to answer?

your idea would end up with constant reviews for some

something for which i would say they should be comensated for as they are already under enough stress from their illnesses

Gary L
03-07-2011, 14:25
your idea would end up with constant reviews for some

No smoke without fire ;)

something for which i would say they should be comensated for as they are already under enough stress from their illnesses

Remember this is for able bodied dole claimants too.
the only stress some of them suffer from is getting out of bed.

AdamD
03-07-2011, 15:28
My sister found out i had gotten a higher rate and her husband who had a works accident and was off work 18 months couldnt claim DLA he tried twice. In her Jealousy she started telling people i had scammed the DLA people into giving it to me when it wasnt the case the case of the matter was the fact they had medical evidence direct from Drs etc.

Your own sister? Jeesh man, I take it you don't speak to her anymore? heh

Angua
03-07-2011, 17:21
Arrrgggghhhh!

DLA is paid to people who work as well as those who don't. Just wish people would understand the difference between DLA and ESA.

TheDaddy
03-07-2011, 17:31
Arrrgggghhhh!

DLA is paid to people who work as well as those who don't. Just wish people would understand the difference between DLA and ESA.

and also understand that they have to many cases to investigate properly as it is without being deluged with more.

devilincarnate
03-07-2011, 17:41
Hey could I be classed as a benefit cheat? As I have been unemployed since last January and have not claimed a penny off of the state. Also my partner is disabled and she also refuses to claim as well? We have 3 children and one of them is Autistic. So all we live off is the Child benefit, Child tax credit and also the DLA that we get for the Autistic son or due to the morals that me and my partner has should we claim this for our son?

denphone
03-07-2011, 17:48
Hey could I be classed as a benefit cheat? As I have been unemployed since last January and have not claimed a penny off of the state. Also my partner is disabled and she also refuses to claim as well? We have 3 children and one of them is Autistic. So all we live off is the Child benefit, Child tax credit and also the DLA that we get for the Autistic son or due to the morals that me and my partner has should we claim this for our son?

You are no benefit cheat in my mind and children with Autistic have many needs as my sister has a Autistic son and it is a lot of work to look after him, also people should think rationally before they start calling most people who claim benefits as benefit cheats, l claim DLA because of my serious illness so am l a cheat well l will leave people to form their own opinions on that.

Welshchris
03-07-2011, 18:05
Your own sister? Jeesh man, I take it you don't speak to her anymore? heh

we have never been close to be honest. She even had me arrested and tried tried having me done for assault claiming i had punched her in the face and injured her neck one christmas when i ejected her from my parents house after her bitching was causing problems.

When the police found out that she had prior neck injuries after a car accident when she claimed never to have suffered any neck problems before she claimed i attacked her they threatened her with making false police reports and i was let off.

Gary L
03-07-2011, 18:05

I don't know why you don't claim what's rightfully yours.
think of it another way in that if you're not spending it. then someone who doesn't need it is spending it for you on drugs/booze/trips to France and expenses.

besides that. if you're not claiming any unemployment benefit then can you claim NHS and stuff? what about stamps/tax?

dilli-theclaw
03-07-2011, 18:16
Arrrgggghhhh!

Indeed :tu:

---------- Post added at 18:16 ---------- Previous post was at 18:13 ----------

Hey could I be classed as a benefit cheat? As I have been unemployed since last January and have not claimed a penny off of the state. Also my partner is disabled and she also refuses to claim as well? We have 3 children and one of them is Autistic. So all we live off is the Child benefit, Child tax credit and also the DLA that we get for the Autistic son or due to the morals that me and my partner has should we claim this for our son?I continually get accused of being one.

I had a long struggle with myself before I claimed what I could. I am made to feel guilty about doing so on a frequent basis.

Gary L
03-07-2011, 18:16
Indeed :tu:

I think it's only Welshchris that has mentioned DLA and working in the thread.

devilincarnate
03-07-2011, 19:05
I had a long struggle with myself before I claimed what I could. I am made to feel guilty about doing so on a frequent basis.

Yes I know what you mean in regards to this. I'am one of these who wants to work to support my family and partner, But due to the lack of jobs out there (I'am applying for all the basic jobs but getting nowhere). It does knock you as a person as you are unable to fetch in a wage for your family:(

But I will keep trying and hopefully it will pay off:erm: Me and my partner have grown up and had to endure the Miners strike, So living without stuff is second nature to us:(