PDA

View Full Version : Phone Line Connection

TheRealGMan
30-06-2011, 21:49
Hi All,

I live in a shared house and someone else is getting virgin when I already have a phone line and was wondering about a couple of things.

1. How do virgin media supply their phone lines? (i.e. through the cable or through the telephone line).

2. If they use the phone line, is it possible to use the phone line for both (I'm assuming not but my house mate insists that you can).

Thanks for your help in advance guys!

Ben B
30-06-2011, 22:41
:welcome:

A siamese cable comes from the box at the end of the street, one for the phone line and one for the broadband/tv services. Your question seems a little confusing as to whether they supply their phone lines through the cable or through the telephone line, I don't understand what you mean? If you mean do they use the BT line then no they don't, it's separate. Also since it is a shared house you can only have one Virgin Media account per household so if you already have an account then another person in your house won't be able to have one

Hope this helps :)

TheRealGMan
01-07-2011, 07:26
Hi Ben B,

Thanks for you reply! I did mean the BT line, but from what you've said, there will be a VM telephone line so it won't be a problem :)

Kymmy
01-07-2011, 08:52
Something Ben didn't mention is that in areas that has no VM cable service they do supply broadband through the BT line. He though would need the line holders permission..

It though does sound like it is cable, easiest way to check is to just go on the VM site and do the postcode check for cable services.