PDA

View Full Version : Freeview - can't change the channel list

Osem
28-06-2011, 21:40
Hi guys. Am I going mad??

We have several Freeview TVs and this 'problem' seems to now affect all of them. Previously after tuning in the digital stations on these sets, I used to simply edit the numerical channel list to arrange the channels I like in the order I wanted them. This meant I didn't need to organise and access any favourites menu, I could just scroll through the stations in the order I'd chosen and avoid the ones I don't like. Over the last few weeks I've found that on 3 of our TVs I can no longer do this and am stuck with the channels in numerical order with no option but to set up favourites lists which contain the channels I want. Access by this means is cumbersome and annoying.

Given that the TV's in question are LG, Sony and Humax, I can only assume this function has been removed by a software update from the people who run Freeview but can't understand why as it makes accessing the channels you most watch more difficult than was the case.

Has anyone else had this problem or am I missing something? Can I do anything about it?

Cheers as always.