PDA

View Full Version : No Virgin Broadband Still Charged

mark1967uk
27-06-2011, 16:37
Last month my Virgin broadband went down for all month. This was no fault of mine Virgin engineers working nextdoor (for some reason nextdoors is connected to mine) next thing no signal, but i was still charged for broadband even though i had no signal coming into the house. They also neglected to tell me id still be charged for having no connection for that month when i called them but was told "err well we`ll have someone out errr eeerm soon maybe 3 weeks". So having nothing coming into the house i didnt pay, didnt see why i should pay for the connection i didnt have have just got a nice £63.46 bill for late payment. Nice how Virgin charge me extra for paying a few days late yet offer me sod all for having no connection for almost 31 days. My advice if your cable goes down dont take any "oh this may take a week or 3" because your still going to be charged for it while its off. Virgin media suck !!!!

BenMcr
27-06-2011, 17:11
Virgin certainly do credit for loss of service, once they know the start and end date of the fault

There is no point crediting whilst the fault is still ongoing

However not paying your bill isn't the best way to resolve the issue

MovedGoalPosts
27-06-2011, 17:12
Have you phoned them to chase up the fault repair?

Have you spoken to Customer Services and asked them to credit you while you are out of service? Often they will apply a credit but wait for the fault to be fixed before assessing the credit amount due. That does unfortunately mean payment may be needed, as services are billed in advance.

But the real question is why is your neighbour served via your land? You need to get that sorted and removed before some prescriptive right starts to kick in that means you have granted an easement (legal right) against your property's title. Tell your neighbour, and Virgin that you are giving 28 days notice of requirement for the connection to be removed. You need to do that in writing.

AndyCalling
27-06-2011, 23:16
It is a shame you don't pay by direct debit. They have to inform you of what they are taking I think 14 days before taking it, as part of the Direct Debit agreement. Since VM email that info to you, and since they had taken your internet down, they couldn't provide you notice unless they sent you a letter through the post. If they then took the money without giving you advance notice you could claim it back from your bank and get VM a firm knuckle rapping in the process.

You have to plan ahead for these things... :)~

Nopanic
28-06-2011, 08:43
Did you leave it for a month before reporting it ?

dilli-theclaw
28-06-2011, 09:08
When I had my issues recently I phoned in to customer services and told them I wasn't happy at paying for my internet while my connection wasn't working and they credited my account with a whole months broadband fee.

I'm not sure if that's 'cos I'm offnet though.

I did report my issue as soon as it started though and phone up to tell them i was unhappy with how long it was taking about a week after it started.