PDA

View Full Version : Glasgow connection being dropped

mikeym
26-06-2011, 13:20
Hi, I've been having interruptions to my service with my connection being dropped after a few minutes and needing a lot of reconnection attempts to get a new lease. I've checked the phone line and there are problems in my Area in Glasgow at the moment. Does anyone know anything about this? It's been going on for a day now.

afraser2k
26-06-2011, 13:33
Had the same problem since earlier this week in Glasgow (Renfrew UBR I think I'm on) and I think it's the usual problem of students/schools being off affecting the network since it's happened the last few years at this time.

Don't think there's much we can do other than phone technical support and hope enough complain to get network upgrades done.

mikeym
26-06-2011, 13:53
Really? They're network is that insensitive to increases in usage, that's rubbish.

In which case I might complain.

Hold on hadn't thought that through. It's the weekend so I don't see how school holidays would affect.

kandinsky
26-06-2011, 14:28
My connx in Kelvindale is slow as hell. Are Virgin doing anything about it?

:(

afraser2k
26-06-2011, 16:39
Really? They're network is that insensitive to increases in usage, that's rubbish.

In which case I might complain.

Hold on hadn't thought that through. It's the weekend so I don't see how school holidays would affect.

Just been off for about an hour here again so maybe maintenance they're not telling us about? Last year when I phoned when it happened I was told the UBR had high local utilisation so that's why I assumed it was the same thing happening this time round since a few people seem to be affected.

Efour
26-06-2011, 17:47
i live in London but just got off the phone to india and there was a pre recorded message about a fault in Glasgow area so call them or grin and bare it :O

mikeym
26-06-2011, 18:45
Yeh, I'm just back on after being off for most of the last 24 hours. I phoned and asked what was happening. They said it could be going on till 10pm tonight according to the works schedule but they couldn't tell me what they were actually doing.

afraser2k
26-06-2011, 19:27
Phoned support and they said planned maintenance should be back to normal tomorrow morning.