PDA

View Full Version : Superhub What settings for Superhub for trouble free network hlp

Pudders
24-06-2011, 10:48
Hi all,

Have just upgraded to the 30meg from 20meg and have just had the new Superhub fitted -worked out cheaper than what I was currently paying for 20meg - go figure!!

Anyway... I was relucatant to change my modem to the hub due to various issues but was persuaded by an engineer on a recent TV callout.

So I've been scanning through the various posts and just wanted to make sure what settings I should be applying on the hub (if any) to get the most out of it?

Currently all my wireless devices are up and running (ipad, iPhone,PS3, XBOX - NAT is OPEN). speed test shows steady 30 down and 3 up. The only setting I have disabbled is "IP FLOOD DETECTION"

Having read various users posts with stream problems and disconnects, I just want to know what "teething" alternations I should make on the hub, if any, to have trouble free surfing, streaming and online gaming?

One major thing for me is online streaming as have a subscription to MLB.com

Many thanks - Pudders :)

Stephen
24-06-2011, 10:59
IP flood is the main thing to turn off. If its been working fine since doing that then there isn't anything else you will need to change.

Mines been on default settings since I got it and have not had any connection issues at all still. SOme people have had connection and wireless problems but it really isn't that widespread at all.

Pudders
24-06-2011, 12:53
IP flood is the main thing to turn off. If its been working fine since doing that then there isn't anything else you will need to change.

Mines been on default settings since I got it and have not had any connection issues at all still. SOme people have had connection and wireless problems but it really isn't that widespread at all.

Thanks for that Steven... much appreciated.

I see people mentioning the firewall settings make a difference to streaming.

Stephen
24-06-2011, 13:14
You can turn it off too if you won't. It won't leave your PC unprotected though as you should still be using a software firewall.

kwikbreaks
25-06-2011, 10:12
Your old modem wouldn't work on 30Mbps anyway so you were well advised.

It doesn't make much difference what you set anything to - certainly not the IP flood detection as that was fixed a while back (I suspect by ignoring the setting). Setting WiFi to 145 rather than 300 will keep it working longer if you have one that is going to fail (both I've had fail).

You'll either be lucky or not and if not you'll be back here bitching about it the same as me and many others.