PDA

View Full Version : bbc channels problems

Cabledude1
23-06-2011, 17:18
Hi, I have a sagem freeview box.
A couple of months ago i started getting intermittent/random (daily) problems with the BBC channels and its been like it since.
Whilst on say bbc1, it will just randomly change to another bbc channel, like news 24, or bbc3. (and sometimes even from bbc1 back to bbc1, the screen just goes black for a second and then bbc1 comes back on).

I also keep getting a problem with the red button. Even though i dont press it, the menu comes up as if it has been pressed. I then have to press the exit button to close it. This is just as random/intermittent as the 1st problem.

Its almost like someone else has a remote and is playing tricks on me, but it only does it on the BBC channels. Ive taken batteries out of my remote (to eliminate weak signal confusion), closed curtains & doors etc so i know for deffo that its not someone elses remote interfering, and like i mentioned, ONLY affects the BBC channels, all the other channels like ITV, Channel 4, 5 etc are absolutely fine, never get any probs at all.

One last thing might be worth mentioning, is that when i press info from another channel, say ITV, and press down to bbc1, the epg is just blank so i cant see whats on that channel unless i actually switch to it.

So all in all, quite a few problems and i think they are all connected as they all started at the same time.

I have re-tuned my box dozens of times. This seems to stop the problem for a while but it comes back.

Its driving me nuts, watcing a show, then suddenly the channel just changes at a vital moment and i end up missing 10 seconds and then go back and dont know what happened ! It happened the other week, just as Alan sugar was about to fire someone on the apprentice, it switched to another BBc channel, and i missed it !! so dam annoying.

Can anyone help please?
Thankyou:)

multiskilled
23-06-2011, 18:57
Have you tried a mains reset (unplug from mains wait 30 seconds plug back in)? That's about all you can try. If it's not under guarantee it's not worth repairing, as it will cheaper to replace.

Just checked, there is a software update for some sagem freeveiw models might be worth doing a software update check on your box.

Cabledude1
23-06-2011, 19:52
I have tried the mains reset, and so far so good. I cant do the software update as i havent got the manual anymore. Thanks for your help.

multiskilled
23-06-2011, 20:38
Try going into the menu and looking for box settings. If it ask for a pin it's usually "0000" or "1234".

Cabledude1
23-06-2011, 20:44
I have had a good look around in the menu's and theres no option for updates. Thanks again.