PDA

View Full Version : the autism show

sir_drinks_alot
22-06-2011, 21:04
the first national event dedicated to autism for parents, carers, professionals and individuals on the spectrum.is takeing place this Friday and Saturday at the ExCeL London is you have any interest in autism you will go to this show.

http://www.autismshow.co.uk/

devilincarnate
22-06-2011, 21:10
This is a very good idea as I have a 8 year old child with Autism, Me and my partner have been to the Early Bird project in Barnsley. Lets hope that this is able to get the message out there about Autism. Also the struggles that the parents and the child have to go through?

sir_drinks_alot
22-06-2011, 21:15
This is a very good idea as I have a 8 year old child with Autism, Me and my partner have been to the Early Bird project in Barnsley. Lets hope that this is able to get the message out there about Autism. Also the struggles that the parents and the child have to go through?

yes i think that is one of the main canter points of the show :)

Fingy
27-06-2011, 09:58
With the Autism NI Bill that has been passed and received Royal Ascent about 6 weeks ago one of the things to come out of it will be that there has to be a public awareness campaign. My Autism NI Parents Support Group were asked to complete forms with ideas of what we as parents would like to see in the campaign.

On a side note, my nearly 3 year old has just moved on to Mayer Johnston PECS and it's going really well, yay us! Don't forget to give yourselves a good hard pat on the back, it is blinking hard work, but the little things they do make it so worth it.

denphone
27-06-2011, 10:33
Yes its excellent that this is happening as my sisters son has Autism.