PDA

View Full Version : Please Help...? car in Distress... :-(

Miss Agapelove
20-06-2011, 15:21
:angel:
Help please......
I am a single mother of 3 & a lively pooch....
:idea:Found this site by accident & wondered if anyone could give me some advice , only my Renault Espace W Reg is driving me to :bigcry:
I have a problem with the fuel pipes as they are full of air bubbles?
After much pumping at the pipes to try and clear the bubbles, the car still wont start ,and I dont know how to remove the fuel tubes to release some fuel....:confused:
So if you would be so kind & know how to do this please message me ....:)
You will surely make my day....:cleader:
Hope to hear from someone soon.....

Stuart
20-06-2011, 15:26
Welcome to the forum. As this is not a problem to do with Cableforum itself, I've moved it to the relevant forum.

Miss Agapelove
20-06-2011, 15:31
Hello Stuart...
Thank you for the welcome, I hope that someone will possibly be able to help ?
I am trying to figure out the site, Have a great day ....
Bye for now ...:)

Peter_
20-06-2011, 15:34
This forum may well be of help if you have not already tried them. http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/index.php

The are also a few other articles listed here on google http://www.google.co.uk/webhp?hl=en#hl=en&xhr=t&q=remove+bubbles+from+espace+fuel&cp=31&pq=alternative%20cable%20forum&pf=p&sclient=psy&site=webhp&source=hp&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=remove+bubbles+from+espace+fuel&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=3788568279b141cc&biw=1280&bih=830

Miss Agapelove
20-06-2011, 15:43
:)Hello Masque...
I have not tried those links, but i shall go there now...Thank you for your reply...Have a great week...:Yikes:this is how i feel at the moment ....:D
Bye for now ......:LOL:

Peter_
20-06-2011, 15:49
:)Hello Masque...
I have not tried those links, but i shall go there now...Thank you for your reply...Have a great week...:Yikes:this is how i feel at the moment ....:D
Bye for now ......:LOL:
That site looks to be exactly what you are looking for so good luck.:)

Kymmy
20-06-2011, 15:49
Air in fuel pipes is normally caused by one of three problems..

1# leakage in pipes or connectors (air gets through gaps that are too small for fuel to get through so no leakage is apparent)
2#Fuel pump is faulty
3#Swirl pot is broken/bypassed (see fault below), thus not picking up fuel from the pot but relying on the tank level (swirl pot prevents side to side movement of the car putting air into the pipes)

Have you recently had the pipes changed?? If yes then it could be a simple fault caused by the pipes being swapped round with the feed pipe connected to the return connector and vice-versa.. Had this one time on a combo van.. would run for a bit then cut out..then repeat :D

Miss Agapelove
20-06-2011, 16:31
That site looks to be exactly what you are looking for so good luck.:)

Masque.....
You are an :angel: the site is perfect....i am so pleased that i came here now....I have joined and ready to write my plea for HELP...hee hee... i will keep you posted....
God Bless You ....:):waving:

---------- Post added at 16:31 ---------- Previous post was at 16:16 ----------

:banghead:Air in fuel pipes is normally caused by one of three problems..

1# leakage in pipes or connectors (air gets through gaps that are too small for fuel to get through so no leakage is apparent)
2#Fuel pump is faulty
3#Swirl pot is broken/bypassed (see fault below), thus not picking up fuel from the pot but relying on the tank level (swirl pot prevents side to side movement of the car putting air into the pipes)

Have you recently had the pipes changed?? If yes then it could be a simple fault caused by the pipes being swapped round with the feed pipe connected to the return connector and vice-versa.. Had this one time on a combo van.. would run for a bit then cut out..then repeat :D

Hello Kummy.....
I had a macanic look at my car 2 days ago, he said if i pump the the air out it should sort out?
I have never had any repairs done to the pipe work...But thinking back actually everything started when my heater stopped, the lights all functioned but no fan?
This is when everything started playing up to be fair......so i had the glow plugs changed a new battery still problems with starting car..
Then changed battery in imobalizer ..just in case...Also had the fuses cheacked....:erm:
The car normally goes well, but i did run the fuel right down a while back to be honest....That sounds quite costly the things that you stated :shocked:
so i am thinking maybe giving it a shot of the pipe and letting out some fuel:erm: What would yopu suggest >?
I have however been greatly advised of a site by Masque, Renalt site so I hope that this bubbled fuel pipe can be fixed soon....thank you for your reply Kummy..