PDA

View Full Version : Superhub Why does my "Super Hub" make a chirping sound

Adison
18-06-2011, 23:31
My "Super Hub" makes a chirping sound, it comes in intermittent flurries even when no one is using the Internet.

Does anyone know why?

Or how to stop it?

Thanks

Peter_
18-06-2011, 23:36
Is it the Superhub or the powerpack, I expect whichever it maybe only a modem swap will sort it out so a call to technical support will be required and you may need to wait until Monday to get a UK agent.

Adison
18-06-2011, 23:40
Don't think its the power pack but will double check.

It still works fine but its getting worse!

Peter_
18-06-2011, 23:47
Don't think its the power pack but will double check.

It still works fine but its getting worse!
If it is making a noise then the must be something wrong with it and is easy enough to check by just putting your ear near the hub, something I have not heard as a fault on this piece of kit but have with others.

jb66
19-06-2011, 00:21
It's the power pack, loads I've handed out make a high pitch squeal, its only the curved power packs that do it

TheDon
19-06-2011, 01:01
Are you on twitter?
Sounds like you're sending a ton of tweets.

Peter_
19-06-2011, 11:34
It's the power pack, loads I've handed out make a high pitch squeal, its only the curved power packs that do it
I have that powerpack and it does not chirp with Netgear on the side.

kwikbreaks
19-06-2011, 11:43
I had one too (replacement has the squarish one) and that didn't make any noise either that I'm aware of but it is a common problem with cheap switch mode power supplies and I have no doubt it will be where the noise is coming from. If it's high enough in pitch older people sometimes don't notice.