PDA

View Full Version : Ajax Cleaner

Zee
13-06-2011, 23:30
How it Ajax window/glass cleaner, does anyone know?

I usually buy Windolene glass cleaner but my local shop has sold out and cant find it other places, and have found Mr Muscle glass cleaner not very good.

Jimmy-J
13-06-2011, 23:33
Just add a few caps of vinegar to a bowl of warm water, that should do the job.

Zee
13-06-2011, 23:34
Just add a few caps of vinegar to a bowl of warm water, that should do the job.

thanks. but does it not leave a smell?

Jimmy-J
13-06-2011, 23:39
I've never noticed a smell afterwards, only use a small amount. I think the juice of a lemon will work too, and it shouldn't leave any smears.

haydnwalker
14-06-2011, 11:18
Anything with Vinegar/Citric Acid (Lemon/Orange/Grapefruit) would work. Basically the active ingredient in most window cleaning products is distilled white vinegar. This is the product that prevents smearing. The Citric Acid cut through grease :)

MovedGoalPosts
14-06-2011, 12:20
An old trick I was taught by my Dad was to wash the glass normally and then polish with newspaper. Oddly it works :erm:

murphy666
14-06-2011, 14:13
An old trick I was taught by my Dad was to wash the glass normally and then polish with newspaper. Oddly it works :erm:

My dad taught me the same .... Many years ago when my i had my pride and joy first car, i used to polish my car windows with newspaper , much to the amusement of my mates :)

DocDutch
15-06-2011, 19:48
I've used a mix of white spirit and vinegar before and used a newspaper afterwards and the window was sparkling clean and no funny smells either.

papa smurf
15-06-2011, 20:44

thats what i do -never fails

martyh
15-06-2011, 20:59
As a window fitter i have to clean the glass of new installations everyday and leave them sparkling or the clerk of works rejects them .It doesn't matter what cleaner you use any will do ,it's what you use to apply it that matters .Spray glass cleaner on to the glass and wipe off with standard paper towel making sure to wipe off all the cleaner leaving it on the glass will result in streaks ,the same applies if you are using plane soapy water which is just as good as any shop bought glass cleaner

Mr_love_monkey
15-06-2011, 21:43
I like ajax cleaner, as it cleans my windows whilst dynamically updating my webpage - so I don't need to reload it.

Cobbydaler
15-06-2011, 21:47
I like ajax cleaner, as it cleans my windows whilst dynamically updating my webpage - so I don't need to reload it.
I prefer Vim as it cleans my sink whilst editing my config files...

Mr_love_monkey
15-06-2011, 22:14
I prefer Vim as it cleans my sink whilst editing my config files...

I tried flash too - did wonders for my bathroom, but couldn't get it to work on my mac....

Cobbydaler
15-06-2011, 22:23
I tried flash too - did wonders for my bathroom, but couldn't get it to work on my mac....

Or your iPhone...