PDA

View Full Version : 30M CRC errors...?

Neo-Tech
13-06-2011, 19:02
Hi,

I posted on the VM forums earlier about my SuperHub randomly loosing connection without anything showing in the modem logs, wireless dropping out and the Ethernet ports locking up. Now basically, I got a PM on the VM forums saying this "I have taken a look at your connection and can see that the cause of your issue is due to your modem making a high number of power adjustments and having a high number of CRC errors which will need investigating by a local engineer."

Could anyone elaborate what CRC errors? (I know what they mean in terms of file corruption, but I haven't had any corrupt downloads...)

Thanks

Charliedontsurf
13-06-2011, 21:51
Try looking here >>CLICK ME (http://tinyurl.com/6za5s7k)<<

Nopanic
13-06-2011, 22:03
That;s quite insulting, the guy posted here so it could be explained to him .. Google is about people adding information to the web ..

Shame on you ;)

jb66
13-06-2011, 22:07
Lol good luck to the engineer! :)

Charliedontsurf
13-06-2011, 22:12

From what I can gather its probably a damaged cable( from 10 minutes of googling)

---------- Post added at 22:12 ---------- Previous post was at 22:10 ----------

Hah haaaaaaaaaaaaa a real life Virginmedia "technician" he will know the answer.

jb66
14-06-2011, 07:46
Keep us updated :)

Neo-Tech
14-06-2011, 08:49
Try looking here >>CLICK ME (http://tinyurl.com/6za5s7k)<<
... I did Google you know, and all I got was CRC errors on files on VM support forums. ;)
That;s quite insulting, the guy posted here so it could be explained to him .. Google is about people adding information to the web ..

Shame on you ;)
Lol!

From what I can gather its probably a damaged cable( from 10 minutes of googling)

---------- Post added at 22:12 ---------- Previous post was at 22:10 ----------

Hah haaaaaaaaaaaaa a real life Virginmedia "technician" he will know the answer.
Damaged cable? Say what? You lot are confusing me with your :rolleyes: comments.

Keep us updated :)
Fyi, this is what I've been told by the VM support guys...