PDA

View Full Version : Pair up VMGN300

iluvabargain2011
13-06-2011, 11:37
Had a friendly chap ring me Friday regarding issues of my Superhub (like a few of you it worked fine then the wireleess starting bombing out), anyway I said to him i`d rather use my old ROuter and he suggested the VMNG300 and went onto explain they don`t have any stock but if i managed to acquire one then he would ring me back once we exchanged emails.

Problem I have is that I gave him @virginmedia.net not .com :(, will I be able to ring technical and they can remove the old user (this is what i`ve been told needs to happen) thus freeing up the mac for my account?

I would rather speak to someone in the UK really or if Steve is reading this can you PM me?

Cheers

Sorry just to add, does the Superhub MAC also stay on my account so if in the future I have to move to it then I can just plug it in?

Chrysalis
13-06-2011, 11:55
if you have a vmng300 then activations may activate it for you over the phone, that method will very likely have your superhub disabled at the same time as only one can be active at once. Some of us have managed to keep both enabled but officially its not supposed to happen.

iluvabargain2011
13-06-2011, 12:10
if you have a vmng300 then activations may activate it for you over the phone, that method will very likely have your superhub disabled at the same time as only one can be active at once. Some of us have managed to keep both enabled but officially its not supposed to happen.

Thank you, is their a number to ring?

jb66
13-06-2011, 12:15
It won't work they can't activate one you 'aquire'

iluvabargain2011
13-06-2011, 13:29
It won't work they can't activate one you 'aquire'

I was only doing what I was told on the phone or am I gonna be going round in circles again :rolleyes:

Peter_
13-06-2011, 15:10
If you buy or aquire a second VMNG300 from someone then you will be receiving stolen goods, because at all times the box remains the property of Virginmedia, also the box will not work as it cannot be added to your account, and its only use would be as an expensive doorstop.

iluvabargain2011
13-06-2011, 15:22
If you buy or aquire a second VMNG300 from someone then you will be receiving stolen goods, because at all times the box remains the property of Virginmedia, also the box will not work as it cannot be added to your account, and its only use would be as an expensive doorstop.

Well I suggest you go and educate your co workers as i`m only doing as told instead of having a pop at me...

Just to add welcome to my ignore list, been reading through some of your replies and your very vague on giving constructive help, lucky for me there are other members/virgin media workers more helpful!!!

jb66
13-06-2011, 16:40
Only way to get a vmng300 that will work is CEO office

iluvabargain2011
13-06-2011, 17:20
Only way to get a vmng300 that will work is CEO office

I`m not sure where this guy was but he was quite high up, he basically said they had ran out and to "search" for one, once I found one with a mac startin 00:22 he will remove the old account holder and add me.

He said this will take 20-30 minutes once I would speak again on the phone with him but as i say i gave him the wrong email address :(

Just to add I have got one but not in my hands at the minute, be here in a couple of days

Peter_
13-06-2011, 18:46
Well I suggest you go and educate your co workers as i`m only doing as told instead of having a pop at me...

Just to add welcome to my ignore list, been reading through some of your replies and your very vague on giving constructive help, lucky for me there are other members/virgin media workers more helpful!!!
I am not having a pop at you rather I am pointing out the truth of the matter as no agent can ever add a 2nd hand modem to an account as virtually every other poster on here will tell you as it is a well known fact because the modem or set top box will be registered to another account possibly in another area of the country.

If you dislike such advice then go elsewhere for it but you will be told exactly the same as I have already stated above as that is the correct process.

Now what you should do is ring back and complain about that agent as they were giving you incorrect advice in the first place and his or her manager needs to know this, so rather than getting your back up do the right thing and complain about that person.

Nopanic
13-06-2011, 21:03
Had a friendly chap ring me Friday regarding issues of my Superhub (like a few of you it worked fine then the wireleess starting bombing out), anyway I said to him i`d rather use my old ROuter and he suggested the VMNG300 and went onto explain they don`t have any stock but if i managed to acquire one then he would ring me back once we exchanged emails.

Problem I have is that I gave him @virginmedia.net not .com :(, will I be able to ring technical and they can remove the old user (this is what i`ve been told needs to happen) thus freeing up the mac for my account?

I would rather speak to someone in the UK really or if Steve is reading this can you PM me?

Cheers

Sorry just to add, does the Superhub MAC also stay on my account so if in the future I have to move to it then I can just plug it in?

I`m not sure where this guy was but he was quite high up, he basically said they had ran out and to "search" for one, once I found one with a mac startin 00:22 he will remove the old account holder and add me.

He said this will take 20-30 minutes once I would speak again on the phone with him but as i say i gave him the wrong email address :(

Just to add I have got one but not in my hands at the minute, be here in a couple of days

hi, there is no virginmedia.net, so if he has any sense he'll correct that himself. ..

The other option is to call up and ask them to look into your account at the last person to view it. Grab their details and email them internally .. this would require on shore support as I dont think India would understand :D

Dont ask for the address or the persons name, just ask them to pass on your address or number.

Although this is against process I am interested in seeing how it pans out, clearly you've either been lied to, or the person doesn't understand the process ..

OR they are CEO ..

iluvabargain2011
13-06-2011, 21:21
hi, there is no virginmedia.net, so if he has any sense he'll correct that himself. ..

The other option is to call up and ask them to look into your account at the last person to view it. Grab their details and email them internally .. this would require on shore support as I dont think India would understand :D

Dont ask for the address or the persons name, just ask them to pass on your address or number.

Although this is against process I am interested in seeing how it pans out, clearly you've either been lied to, or the person doesn't understand the process ..

OR they are CEO ..

Will keep you posted and thank you for your help..

Nopanic
13-06-2011, 21:35
Will keep you posted and thank you for your help..

If say someone were to give you the modem I can't see it being classed as theft, as you'd be saving VM money ..

Getting it added to an account would be difficult, there are very few people with the access to move modems about like that ..

(don't ask me :D)

iluvabargain2011
13-06-2011, 21:43
See now I can go into detail about how I got this call but i`m now concerned this chaps gonna get in trouble, he was very supportive, knew his stuff and bent over backwards to help..

I agree with you, I can`t see it as theft, I`m using it on Virgin Cable Network where it could be sat in someones cupboard or in landfill when it can be made of good use..

I like you "No Panic", very rational Guy, Just the blood Virgin Media could do with hanging on to!!!

Nopanic
13-06-2011, 21:54
See now I can go into detail about how I got this call but i`m now concerned this chaps gonna get in trouble, he was very supportive, knew his stuff and bent over backwards to help..

I agree with you, I can`t see it as theft, I`m using it on Virgin Cable Network where it could be sat in someones cupboard or in landfill when it can be made of good use..

I like you "No Panic", very rational Guy, Just the blood Virgin Media could do with hanging on to!!!

:erm: I'm not really, I just argue the opposite to what everyone else says in a thread. :):):):):):):)

There are 12,000 odd people working for VM ( I think ) no one will ever be able to ID this person.. unless you make a fuss ..

As a customer personally I would chase him up, try and get your details to him, so you can speak again .. I don't know who he is, or what he's planning but even if he fails, the fact that he is willing to try is pretty good customer care ..

AND before you all jump on me and say its not process, that's true, it's not, I don't condone his attempt to bypass process, but for all I know, he is allowed to ..

iluvabargain2011
13-06-2011, 21:57
:erm: I'm not really, I just argue the opposite to what everyone else says in a thread. :):):):):):):)

There are 12,000 odd people working for VM ( I think ) no one will ever be able to ID this person.. unless you make a fuss ..

As a customer personally I would chase him up, try and get your details to him, so you can speak again .. I don't know who he is, or what he's planning but even if he fails, the fact that he is willing to try is pretty good customer care ..

AND before you all jump on me and say its not process, that's true, it's not, I don't condone his attempt to bypass process, but for all I know, he is allowed to ..

All taken onboard and will ring them when I have the modem..

Top bloke and Thanks again and have some rep (god knows why you only have 2 green bars, you deserve alot more)

Nopanic
13-06-2011, 22:01
All taken onboard and will ring them when I have the modem..

Top bloke and Thanks again and have some rep (god knows why you only have 2 green bars, you deserve alot more)

I've got a star too :) I reached the top already and have started again ..

Only been here since Jan this year .. :cool:

Failswitch
13-06-2011, 22:03

As they say, where there's a will there's a way :dunce:

Nopanic
13-06-2011, 22:04
As they say, where there's a will there's a way :dunce:

Everything is possible, you add cost, access and other restraints into it ..

Peter_
13-06-2011, 22:14
The only problem I see is that no one will try to add a modem to an account that has already been on another account as we know the process will not allow it especially when you try to contact the people who could actually remove the modem from the previous account and then readd it to the inventory.

The people who could do this would not do so and would be very likely to feed this back to your line manager and above which would get you into trouble, so I rather doubt that any sane first line or even 2nd line technical support agent would even attempt to go against this process that has been put specifically in place to prevent this kind of thing arising on calls because someone has spent money on Ebay or similar.

All I and every other agent would do if such a call came through would be to advise you that it is not possible.

If you dislike this answer then why not attempt to get that VMNG300 modem added to your account and see how far you get in the real world.

iluvabargain2011
16-06-2011, 14:05
If you dislike this answer then why not attempt to get that VMNG300 modem added to your account and see how far you get in the real world.

<-------------- ;)

Peter_
16-06-2011, 14:06
<-------------- ;)
Where did it come from then as that is only part of the answer.

iluvabargain2011
16-06-2011, 14:08
Where did it come from then as that is only part of the answer.

That answer is all you need to know :erm:

I`ll be as vague as some of your answers on previous threads ;)

Peter_
16-06-2011, 14:10
That answer is all you need to know :erm:

I`ll be as vague as some of your answers on previous threads ;)
Never been vague as we quote the process and if that is from a source other than Virginmedia then the agent who installed it needs to be disciplined for it.

iluvabargain2011
16-06-2011, 14:13
Never been vague as we quote the process and if that is from a source other than Virginmedia then the agent who installed it needs to be disciplined for it.

If thats the case you will not be getting any help from me i`m afraid :angel:

All I can say there is some peeps at VirginMedia who consider the customer, who works with the customer and are Customer Focused, I salute those!!!

Peter_
16-06-2011, 14:16
If thats the case you will not be getting any help from me i`m afraid :angel:

Not really as a modem sourced from elsewhere should not be touched by anyone as it may be stolen property and if the is any issues it can be traced back to agent who added it to your account, so I hope it was sourced in a legitimate way as they could lose their job for being stupid and that will look great on their CV.

iluvabargain2011
16-06-2011, 14:19
Brand new, sealed in a nice bag with the selotape seal along with the PSU sealed. Will you sleep better now? Or is it because a customer managed to fight to the end and win and it`s got your goat up??

Enough said on the matter from me, i`m pleased with the outcome, Customer Care has won here.....

Oh and thanks to all the "Helpful" People on here, Great Advice and with your help i`m a happy VirginMedia Customer..

Peter_
16-06-2011, 15:43
Brand new, sealed in a nice bag with the selotape seal along with the PSU sealed. Will you sleep better now? Or is it because a customer managed to fight to the end and win and it`s got your goat up??

Enough said on the matter from me, i`m pleased with the outcome, Customer Care has won here.....

Oh and thanks to all the "Helpful" People on here, Great Advice and with your help i`m a happy VirginMedia Customer..
If it was sourced from Virginmedia then that is fine and I have posted on here many times before that the only place to get one is the CEO's office as no one else has ever been able to send them out but I suppose you missed those posts.:rolleyes:

_wtf_
16-06-2011, 15:47
Do you usually end up arguing with customers when they ring in?

It's all you seem to do here.

Peter_
16-06-2011, 15:52
Do you usually end up arguing with customers when they ring in?

It's all you seem to do here.
Who is arguing here, all I am pointing out is the reasons that a modem not supplied by Virginmedia should not be allowed to be added to an account and the same thing applies to set top boxes as al equipment belongs to Virginmedia unlike SKY where you can use any equipment bought or sourced from anywhere.

Do read the Terms and Conditions sometime as you will learn that what I am saying is actually correct.

imranm
16-06-2011, 16:14
I have a VMNG300 which I haven't activated just yet but I obtained from the CEO office. I assume the MAC of the device is already on the system (under my account) but requires activation or in my notes at VM it says I am in possession of such modem.

The reason I ask is when I called up last week to have it registered the agent didn't ask where I obtained said modem? (didn't finish the call had to dash!)

Peter_
16-06-2011, 16:16
I have a VMNG300 which I haven't activated just yet but I obtained from the CEO office. I assume the MAC of the device is already on the system (under my account) but requires activation or in my notes at VM it says I am in possession of such modem.

The reason I ask is when I called up last week to have it registered the agent didn't ask where I obtained said modem? (didn't finish the call had to dash!)
It will be in the inventory so you will have no issues getting it activated.

imranm
16-06-2011, 17:12
It will be in the inventory so you will have no issues getting it activated.

:tu: Brill, :)

Skie
16-06-2011, 17:18
Unless you get one of the people who seem to think only the Superhub is capable of speeds over 20meg.

Peter_
16-06-2011, 17:31
Unless you get one of the people who seem to think only the Superhub is capable of speeds over 20meg.
They are just adding a MAC address so the should be no issue.

Nopanic
16-06-2011, 18:11
I may have given the wrong impression here, Masque is spot on, VM will not tolerate the buying or selling of modems. The agents through to the escalation points do not and will never have the ability to pick and choose the devices being put on customers accounts.

The situation in this thread was that a customer had been told to get a modem and it will be added, now there is a very small amount of people able to (should they need to) take any modem and put it on any account and I would be interested to see how this plays out.

Clearly the agent is trying to go above process to help a customer, which is both good (for this customer) but bad when someone else tries it and can't get it done.

If I was told of a modem that had been purchased I would make sure it would never be usable on the VM network again and I would certainly make sure to provide the last account details to security to follow up with the seller.

This process is setup to protect customers...

Maggy
16-06-2011, 20:44
I may have given the wrong impression here, Masque is spot on, VM will not tolerate the buying or selling of modems. The agents through to the escalation points do not and will never have the ability to pick and choose the devices being put on customers accounts.

The situation in this thread was that a customer had been told to get a modem and it will be added, now there is a very small amount of people able to (should they need to) take any modem and put it on any account and I would be interested to see how this plays out.

Clearly the agent is trying to go above process to help a customer, which is both good (for this customer) but bad when someone else tries it and can't get it done.

If I was told of a modem that had been purchased I would make sure it would never be usable on the VM network again and I would certainly make sure to provide the last account details to security to follow up with the seller.

This process is setup to protect customers...

Thank you for making your position clearer.:)

Nopanic
16-06-2011, 20:59
Thank you for making your position clearer.:)

If you keep this up I may have to marry you ...

Maggy
16-06-2011, 21:03
I just want an end to any bickering.It makes for uncomfortable reading and adds nothing to what is essentially a help site..and in fact drives away people looking for help and advice.:)

imranm
16-06-2011, 21:25

Cheers

If you really want to go down the VMNG300 route email the CEOs office and explain the issues you're having, that's what I did and got a call back with a modem sent out next day.

Welshchris
18-06-2011, 03:05

Hang on a sec u cant ID the guy? Everytime an account is accessed the details of the member of staff are logged to see who has accessed the info for that account and i was told that by 2 members at the CEO Office. It would be a simple job tojust see who accessed the account and if they have a recording of the conversation listen to it.

Peter_
18-06-2011, 06:08
Hang on a sec u cant ID the guy? Everytime an account is accessed the details of the member of staff are logged to see who has accessed the info for that account and i was told that by 2 members at the CEO Office. It would be a simple job tojust see who accessed the account and if they have a recording of the conversation listen to it.
Without actually knowing the account number that is impossible unless someone trawls through 5 million accounts which obviously is not viable.

Nopanic
18-06-2011, 08:39

Without actually knowing the account number that is impossible unless someone trawls through 5 million accounts which obviously is not viable.

:cool:

qasdfdsaq
20-06-2011, 02:15
What, you can't look someone up by name, IP, history or locality?

Peter_
20-06-2011, 05:45
Not unless they have that information to hand otherwise still like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Nopanic
20-06-2011, 06:11

You have to have that information first ...

qasdfdsaq
20-06-2011, 16:35
You'd be surprised how easy it is to find that kind of stuff with a few minutes of searching on the internet...

Or if you were investigating stuff with any kind of legal formality you could just get the guy's IP off the forum admins, or spend a few minutes figuring it out yourself.
Download Failed (1)
Download Failed (1)
Download Failed (1)

Nopanic
20-06-2011, 22:16
You'd be surprised how easy it is to find that kind of stuff with a few minutes of searching on the internet...

Or if you were investigating stuff with any kind of legal formality you could just get the guy's IP off the forum admins, or spend a few minutes figuring it out yourself.
http://www.qasdfdsaq.com/images/IMG_9460.JPG
http://qasdfdsaq.com/tracking.gif?cf33678659
http://www.qasdfdsaq.com/tracking.gif?id=cf33678659

Ok, as you don't seem to understand subtlety .. we don't want to know .. we don't want to get involved.

qasdfdsaq
21-06-2011, 00:21
No, I don't understand subtlety. I'm autistic. Thanks for explaining.