PDA

View Full Version : virgin media help (doin my brain in)

wazz
11-06-2011, 14:43
so yesterday i logged in my vigin media account for the first time ever. has soon has i logged in i was asked to update my details (i think it was contact information)

I didnt read much and i didnt change anything (i didnt need change anything). so i clicked next and it updated

I also recieved this email
"Thanks for keeping your details up to date. It's really important that we've got the right contact information for you, so don't forget to come back and update your details again if you make any more changes"

I know it says contact information. but i wana jus make sure.

Is it possible if any1 can tell what it said and or even post a image of the page

Thnx if any1 can help. This really geting me worried :confused:

Peter_
11-06-2011, 15:29
It is just a simple confirmation email that you triggered by changing something in your account or possibly as I did just reconfirmed my email address and received this with a obvious edit or two.

Hello Wazz,

All done! Your contact email address on My Virgin Media has been changed to wazz@blueyonder.co.uk (peterwick@blueyonder.co.uk).
Thanks for keeping your details up to date. We'll use this email address from now on to send you information about your account and services. If you've signed up for eBilling, we'll also use this email address to let you know when your bill's ready to view online.
It's a good idea to add us to your contacts list too, just to make sure these messages don't get stopped by your spam filter.
Enjoy
The Virgin Media team

P.S. We don't pick up emails from this mailbox, so please don't reply to this email address. If you'd like to get in touch, you'll find all the details at virginmedia.com/contact (http://www.virginmedia.com/contact) instead.

wazz
11-06-2011, 15:38
Thnx for replyin Masque but i didnt mean that. I mean the page that came when i logged in my virgin media and the update details page com up.

Thats the page i am talking bout.

Btw wats with the "wazz@blueyonder.co.uk"

Peter_
11-06-2011, 15:50
Thnx for replyin Masque but i didnt mean that. I mean the page that came when i logged in my virgin media and the update details page com up.

Thats the page i am talking bout.When you login you click My profile and it gives you the option of changing your contact details, I just confirmed mine and received the email above which no longer has my name and email address in it.

Btw wats with the "wazz@blueyonder.co.uk"
My email address altered using your username from this forum as I doubt it is your actual email address.

wazz
11-06-2011, 15:57
yes i know how to change my profile

But i am talkin bout the one. where u havnt logged in my virgin media for a long time. Has soon has u log in. this update details page coms up. askin u to update ur contact information

Peter_
11-06-2011, 16:05
yes i know how to change my profile

But i am talkin bout the one. where u havnt logged in my virgin media for a long time. Has soon has u log in. this update details page coms up. askin u to update ur contact information
Yes that is normal as it asks you to fill in a security question as well which gives you 4 choices or you can use your own question, you also get that when setting up your account for the first time it is completely normal.

wazz
11-06-2011, 16:17
Do u possible have a image of the page or remeber what it extactly said on the page ?

Btw when that update page com up. I didnt change anything and it didnt ask to fill in security question. All the correct info was there. It was jus checkin if all the info was correct

Peter_
11-06-2011, 16:20
Do u possible have a image of the page or remeber what it extactly said on the page ?

Btw when that update page com up. I didnt change anything and it didnt ask to fill in security question. All the correct info was there. It was jus checkin if all the info was correct
Sorry I have no screenshot but it sounds completely normal, have you tried logging back in and checking that everything is ok in your profile as that is something that is completely automated.

wazz
11-06-2011, 16:35
I was hoping som1 wud hav a screenshot of that page (i cant even find it on google images lol).
Everythings fine in the account

I hope som1 get me a screenshot of that page so i can be assured everything is fine lol

i jus wana know what they asked on that page

Nopanic
11-06-2011, 22:19
They ask for the preferred contact address, an address to use to log into myVM (for example, a none VM address if you wish) They ask you to setup your security profile with either a predefined questions or one of your own and your date of birth.

They give you the option to allow contact from VM and the change to switch to eBilling if you're not already using it ..

:) I've seen the page once or twice ...

wazz
11-06-2011, 22:43
They ask for the preferred contact address, an address to use to log into myVM (for example, a none VM address if you wish) They ask you to setup your security profile with either a predefined questions or one of your own and your date of birth.

They give you the option to allow contact from VM and the change to switch to eBilling if you're not already using it ..

:) I've seen the page once or twice ...

Thank u nopanic for the reply.

Has i remeber. They dont ask u to change. they jus want check if the contact info they have is correct (if not u can change)

Next time u run into the page again. Maybe u can get a screenshot :D (obsouliy edit in paint to take out personal info)

Nopanic
12-06-2011, 09:25
Thank u nopanic for the reply.

Has i remeber. They dont ask u to change. they jus want check if the contact info they have is correct (if not u can change)

Next time u run into the page again. Maybe u can get a screenshot :D (obsouliy edit in paint to take out personal info)

I'll try and create an account this afternoon and post it for you.

It depends on if you are signing in for the first time or not. First time it asks for you for everything.

wazz
12-06-2011, 16:05
I'll try and create an account this afternoon and post it for you.

It depends on if you are signing in for the first time or not. First time it asks for you for everything.

that b great if u can do that

Nopanic
12-06-2011, 16:41
that b great if u can do that

Depending on the settings you have on your account, this is a the basic one.

eBilling already setup so it didnt ask.

wazz
12-06-2011, 17:54
Depending on the settings you have on your account, this is a the basic one.

eBilling already setup so it didnt ask.

Thnx very much. I guess that's the right one

Nopanic
12-06-2011, 18:47
lol you're not very easy to convince are you :)

What is it you're looking for ?

wazz
12-06-2011, 18:58
lol you're not very easy to convince are you :)

What is it you're looking for ?

LoL :D

I was hoping for the actual page (the one i saw)

Nopanic
12-06-2011, 19:00
LoL :D

I was hoping for the actual page (the one i saw)

How do I know what you saw ? :)

Thats the page that loads for all customers .. but it has a slightly different bottom to it if you haven't signed up to eBilling ..

wazz
12-06-2011, 19:07
I dont do ebilling haha

The page that i saw. It already had my correct contact information details. Its jus wanted check if the details were correct and up to date

Nopanic
14-06-2011, 07:36
I dont do ebilling haha

The page that i saw. It already had my correct contact information details. Its jus wanted check if the details were correct and up to date

So log in and go check :p: