PDA

View Full Version : 100M Install on the 16th Question

jalzoo
10-06-2011, 20:43
Hey,

Im upgrading to 100meg engineers coming out on the 16th of this month.. My question is do i have to have the superhub for it?, TBH i dont use wireless everything is hardwired.. ive got a lovley expensive router that i dont really want to replace!.. and from what ive read the superhub is aload of crap anyway????

*Edit*

Have 50meg at the moment so surley my current modem should handle it np?

weezel
10-06-2011, 20:48
if you have a VMNG300 from a previous install, ask the engineer if he can activate that on the 100mbit tier.

the superhub is okay, personally speaking. works fine. just in my case is totally impractical. if at any point they tell you the old VMNG300 wont work on 100mbit, dont believe them :D from reading these forums it seems to depend on the engineer as to whether they will activate it on the 100mbit .... mine said he could do that and even called his tech desk to clarify that it would work (they said yes). but never take anyones word for it as gospel; always ask them your self.

jalzoo
10-06-2011, 20:51
Will do m8 thanks for your reply.. Just dont see the point in replacing something that has worked perfectley for over a year now. Will deffinatly have a word with the engineeer.

Fspiders
10-06-2011, 21:36
If not you can switch the router part off and just use the hub as a modem. Though if you're going to have the wireless part switched off you shouldn't have any problem with the hub.

weezel
10-06-2011, 21:41
I only used the wireless for my android handset, but even then it worked fine. it's worth adding those that i hardly ever used wireless on it.

DigitalShadow
10-06-2011, 22:07
If not you can switch the router part off and just use the hub as a modem. Though if you're going to have the wireless part switched off you shouldn't have any problem with the hub.

Thought current firmware isn't capable of that

Nopanic
11-06-2011, 07:56
It's process vs customer service ..

Most techs seem to be happy now to leave the VMNG to support 100Mb ..