PDA

View Full Version : Humax Foxsat HDR - Freesat pvr

LexDiamond
10-06-2011, 19:43
After reading all the press reviews I was highly impressed with this Foxsat and thought of buying one.

However looking at user reviews paints a completely different picture. If someone has one could you please let me know the following -

1)The box initially had issues recording Freesat in non Freesat mode. Looking at user comments, this seems like an issue not fixed early last year. Have they released an update to deal with this issue?

2)The box initially had soft sd pq. There was an update released to fix this but many users still had the same problem after the update. Was this subsequently resolved?

3)The box will often freeze. The way to resolve this is to put the box into auto standby mode. But in this mode the box would take 30 seconds to boot. Is the long booting up time still the case?

Any feedback would be much appreciated as there seems to have been much said about this box on forums until mid last year but then everything seems to have gone a bit quite.

danielf
10-06-2011, 19:58
Have a look here:

http://www.hummy.org.uk/

It's a reboot of a successful humax users forum. The original site went belly-up (through personal circumstances of the owner I believe). The new site is still a bit quiet, but you should (hopefully) find some knowledgeable people there that can answer your questions.

LexDiamond
10-06-2011, 22:54
Thanks!