PDA

View Full Version : General New Red Dwarf series about to go into production

Dave9946
29-05-2011, 23:34
Ok not so much new news but been reading on another site that Craig Charles has arranged a 3 month leave from Coronation Street this summer\autumn to film the new series of Red Dwarf.

So with the will it or wont it get off the ground sorted it's good to know for sure it's deffo going to go ahead this time as I dont think Charles would ask for the time off or ITV let him unless it was deffo going to happen and there was a contract signed.

Hugh
29-05-2011, 23:35
I hope it is better than the recent two parter (Back to Earth).

Lew
29-05-2011, 23:40
I think one of the worst things they did with Red Dwarf was when they stopped filming it with a live audience.

Dave9946
29-05-2011, 23:44
I think one of the worst things they did with Red Dwarf was when they stopped filming it with a live audience.

Did'nt they play on doing that with the last 3 parter but never had the production time?.

Anyweays would the live laughter work if recorded as is these days and record the laughter later via a private screening to an audience to make the laughter track genuine unlike the canned laughter a lot of american shows have got to used to these days?.

Lew
29-05-2011, 23:50
They did that with some of the later series of Red Dwarf. It still doesn't quite work as with a live audience the actors can time their lines to the audience. When they screen a pre-filmed episode to an audience they can sometimes laugh over the actors' lines. A case in point is the beginning of Psirens where the audience laughs over the punchline of one of the gags (where you're meant to think one of the characters' blood has splattered over the screen the audience laughs over the line "You've squeezed the ketchup out of my burger"; if it had been filmed live then the actor would have waited to deliver the punchline).

devilincarnate
29-05-2011, 23:57
I hope it is better than the recent two parter (Back to Earth).

Hugh you missed one part as it was a three parter :erm: So that could be the reason that you did not get it:erm::D:D:D:D

Mick Fisher
30-05-2011, 17:18
Some say it is best to quit while you are still ahead.

As a fan of Red Dwarf I would love to be proved wrong but if that last disasterous attempt at a revival is anything to go on I have extremely low expectations ............... :(

Kymmy
30-05-2011, 17:24
I think the only thing funny about the 3 part special was their new starbug vehicle

:rofl:

12noon
04-06-2011, 19:10
For me they need to go back to the format where they have one human, one cat, one hologram and one robot on a spaceship by themselves having adventures.

v0id
05-06-2011, 17:37
For me they need to go back to the format where they have one human, one cat, one hologram and one robot on a spaceship by themselves having adventures.

For me, I found the funnier red dwarf episodes when there was only one human, one hologram, one cat and one ships computer

Dave9946
05-06-2011, 18:49
For me, I found the funnier red dwarf episodes when there was only one human, one hologram, one cat and one ships computer

But dont they have to add a varaity of situations where they left the ship or landed on a planet or find themselfs in any situation where there were guest stars\other actors needed in the episodes?.

There was only ever going to be so much they could do if there was only ever the 5 (including Holly the hologram) cast members in every episode.

Anonymouse
07-07-2011, 15:11
I can't agree more. It wasn't a laugh track originally, they didn't need one. The live audience added to the quality of the whole thing. Now if they can just tie up a few loose ends story-wise, we'll be well sorted!

Lew
13-11-2011, 22:49
Series 10 is on!

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/11/13/red_dwarf_series_ten

After a 13-year hiatus, Red Dwarf is definitely back for a full series with all the old familiar faces, according to the reddwarf.co.uk website.

Red Dwarf X will be filmed in front of a studio audience at Shepperton Studios next month and in January 2012.

Maggy
13-11-2011, 23:41
:)

deadite66
14-11-2011, 06:05
its going to suck isn't it.

Mick Fisher
14-11-2011, 15:02
its going to suck isn't it.
Probably.