PDA

View Full Version : Have you had an accident (****)

Gary L
27-05-2011, 10:28
my mate took out his insurance on his bike with Devitt Motorcycle Insurance a few weeks back.
he had a call this morning from 0161 2494497 (which is a known nuiscance number) who knew his name and what bike he had. and who his insurance is with, asking if he ticked the box to say that he's had an accident in the last 3 years.

he told them no. and they said what about any other accidents. either as a passenger or pedestrian.
Devitt have obviously sold his details to these people.

these people are ****. and a big contributing factor to why insurance premiums and everything are so high.

Stephen
27-05-2011, 10:31
Eh?

Gary L
27-05-2011, 10:32
Do you really want me to go through it all with you Stephen?

Kymmy
27-05-2011, 10:33
Probably pure coincidence.. I used to get text messages from accident chasers a few years ago yet I never gave out my mobile number to my insurance.

Stephen
27-05-2011, 10:34
Why the title? Have you actually thought that this company that called are part of the same group as the insurance company?

Why has that got anything to do with the price of insurance?

Gary L
27-05-2011, 10:38
Probably pure coincidence..

They knew his name, who he has insurance with and the model of the bike.

I used to get text messages from accident chasers a few years ago yet I never gave out my mobile number to my insurance.

That's because the numbers they dial are just random.

---------- Post added at 10:38 ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 ----------

Why has that got anything to do with the price of insurance?

Because premiums have gone up due to the amount of claims made by people who suffer whiplash and the rest with the help of these people.

Hom3r
27-05-2011, 12:42
Watchdog did a thing about this last night.

A company was phoning Dyson vaccumm customers talking about servicing, but they had no involvement with Dyson and NOT telling people otherwise.

There are companies out there trying it on.

Mick Fisher
27-05-2011, 13:31
Watchdog did a thing about this last night.

A company was phoning Dyson vaccumm customers talking about servicing, but they had no involvement with Dyson and NOT telling people otherwise.

There are companies out there trying it on.
Happens all the time, a certain company intimates they are Sky to try to sell you a years breakdown insurance for your Sky box unless you challenge them directly whereupon they usually admit they are not employed by Sky.
The best advice is never do business with cold callers whether on the door step, on the phone or especially by clicking on pop-ups :shocked: while surfing.

danielf
27-05-2011, 13:36
The best advice is never do business with cold callers whether on the door step, on the phone or especially by clicking on pop-ups :shocked: while surfing.

This.

If someone needs to contact you to see if you're interested in something then chances are that you aren't interested...

Maggy
27-05-2011, 14:02
And if you are signed up to the TPS (http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/tps/) Telephone Preference Service then you can challenge any cold callers by taking a note of their name,telling them you are registered with TPS and that you will be passing their name onto TPS and to take your name OFF their records forthwith.

Take no crap from anyone about it.