PDA

View Full Version : Getting a Mistake in Medical Notes Rectified.

Welshchris
25-05-2011, 14:05
How the hell do u get a mistake in medical notes rectified?

I saw a my Pshyciatrist earlier and he had a letter dated in feburary to state that they have recieved a letter from a Neurologist stating that my EEG that he had requested in December the results came back and were fine. I said that was impossible to be known at that point as the EEG didnt take place until a month ago and the results wouldnt have been known in Feburary. He said i have to speak to my GP. I spoke to my GP and she said that i had to speak to my Neurologists Secretary, i then rang them and the Secretary rang me back to state that there was a EEG result on file for Feburary for me and now if i want to get it sorted because i have been discharged from him i have to get my Doctor to reput me back on the waiting list to see him and the waiting list is 8-10 months.

Its rediculous! I have no idea what they are doing with my notes. At one point part of my notes were lost and then refound, then 2 change of prescription letters and a referral vanished between GP and Hospital and now this! They must now have Mystic Meg working for them making predictions.

AdamD
25-05-2011, 15:04
Wow, what a mess :(
Hope ya get it sorted.

candy1567
25-05-2011, 15:16
hi

have u thought about contacting PALS (Patient Advice and Liaison Services)

they usually act as a middle man between urself and the hospital/gp or medical services.

There should be one listed at the hospital u attended, it might just be a case of a typo with a wrong date!!

take care hope u get it sorted

Juliexx

joglynne
25-05-2011, 15:18
I may be worthwhile contacting your local PALS, there is a link on the page I am showing below that lets you find your nearest PALS office. I hope there is one that covers your area as I see you are in Wales and the offices seem a tad thin on the ground.

http://www.pals.nhs.uk/cmsContentView.aspx?ItemID=932

Shucks candy beat me to it, but my link should save you a little time locating them.

Welshchris
25-05-2011, 16:21
Thanks i will contact them and see what they have to say.

Lord Nikon
26-05-2011, 01:22
I would also file a Subject Access Request and get all your notes, if there's this mistake who's to say there won't be a lot more?

Welshchris
26-05-2011, 12:47
if i was to do that id need a truck to collect i have atleast 4-5 folders of notes.