PDA

View Full Version : Which HTC phone?

Hom3r
21-05-2011, 22:38
I'm looking into upgrading my SE W910i PAYG phone.

I was looking at an iPhone, but I have been swayed buy the HTC (Mozart 7 look nice), but which one should I concider whitout empting my bank account.

I like the Windows 7 onces as they have the office suite which is handy as I have stuff that I would like to carry with me, xbox & facebook

But would a win 7 phone work with XP and office 2007 with outlook 2002?

HD recordablity seem great but is it worth it.

I need it to be sim free and operator unlocked.

Also where is a good place to get one from.

---------- Post added at 22:38 ---------- Previous post was at 22:36 ----------

Would this run on it as I have a rather large DVD/Blu-Ray collection.

http://www.invelos.com/dvdpromobile/Info.aspx

Hom3r
24-05-2011, 19:02
Also would I be able to connect a HTC phone to my laptops and use it as a modem (like I can do with my SE W910i)?

Jon T
24-05-2011, 19:56
Yes, it's called "tethering"

danielf
24-05-2011, 20:17
Also would I be able to connect a HTC phone to my laptops and use it as a modem (like I can do with my SE W910i)?

On my desire, I just switch the wifi hotspot on, and then log into it from my laptop... :)

Hom3r
24-05-2011, 21:56
Cheers I guess it would be easy to set up.

All I need to do it decide which one as per post 1.

DocDutch
24-05-2011, 22:01
my wife has the Mozart and its really nice..myself as I'm on contract am thinking to get either the Incredible (http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_incredible_s-3788.php) or the Sensation (http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_sensation-3875.php)
depending on what my network would offer me for no £££

Mr_love_monkey
24-05-2011, 22:04
I've got the desire HD - nice phone - but terrible battery life...

Jon T
24-05-2011, 22:07
I've got the desire HD - nice phone - but terrible battery life...

Mine isn't bad at all, have you had the Gingerbread update yet!

I've also got the standard Desire(wife's phone) not a bad phone, thought it stood head and shoulders above the Nokia 5800 it replaced, but my Desire HD leaves the normal Desire's screen looking very small.

Mr_love_monkey
24-05-2011, 22:12
Mine isn't bad at all, have you had the Gingerbread update yet!

I've also got the standard Desire(wife's phone) not a bad phone, thought it stood head and shoulders above the Nokia 5800 it replaced, but my Desire HD leaves the normal Desire's screen looking very small.

I find mine is ok, generally as long as I don't use it :) though it does vary.
Last week I was driving most of the day, so it was just sitting there in the car unplugged at about 7am, and by 9pm it was dead - as I say, that was with it sitting in the car most of the day - possibly about 30 minutes usage throughout the day.

Had the gingerbread update the other day, haven't seen much in the way of changes.

ZrByte
24-05-2011, 22:23
I find mine is ok, generally as long as I don't use it :) though it does vary.
Last week I was driving most of the day, so it was just sitting there in the car unplugged at about 7am, and by 9pm it was dead - as I say, that was with it sitting in the car most of the day - possibly about 30 minutes usage throughout the day.

Had the gingerbread update the other day, haven't seen much in the way of changes.

Could it be an app or setting you have enabled? I know the battery life isn't great but it should last longer than that when idle. When you say dead do you mean completely flat or just flashing warning you to charge?
I know on my N900 I installed a battery monitor which ironically drained the battery three times faster than usual due to it being a buggy version.

Hom3r
24-05-2011, 22:26
I think its a toss up between the HTC 7 Mozart or HTC 7 Pro. (bank account on drain stand-by:))

bayonet
25-05-2011, 08:23
I've had the Desire since March and my son now has the Desire S with Orange. I thought my camera and video were good but I've seen some photos he took at a wedding last weekend and they make mine look poor. The Desire S comes with an 8 MP camera and is the replacement for the Desire HD I believe. I used it on holiday in Canada recently and travelling on the AMTRAK to Seattle on a day trip I was using the wireless for browsing no problem at all (free wi-fi provided on the train btw)

As regards battery life if you add the power bar you can turn the wi-fi, GPS, screen brightness, blue-tooth and sync options on and off. I have had about 36 hours battery life out of it but it should last most of the day without needing a recharge. Being a golfer i also managed to find a golf GPS programme free on the Android Market and it works a treat some in accuracy but it's free

Don't think you'll be disappointed with the Desire whichever version you get

mrmistoffelees
25-05-2011, 09:42
galaxy s2 ~cough~

haydnwalker
25-05-2011, 10:08
Not a HTC, but the Google Nexus S (by Samsung) is an excellent phone, and I can get 3/4days out of the battery (due to the excellent SAMOLED screen) while just idling, but being such a touchable phone, I play many games and surf and can still get 2.5 days out of it :)

Also (like most android phones) supports the tethering via wifi (it turns the phone into its own wifi hotspot).

denphone
25-05-2011, 10:47
l have got a HTC Desire and its the best phone l have ever had as it works very smoothly and is 150.00 cheaper then the over valued and over hyped i phone.

Hom3r
06-06-2011, 18:20
Well after playing with my sisters brand new HTC Desire S, I've done the same and got one on a T-Mobile Contract:

Phone (£100)
300 cross-network mins
300 text
Unlimited data
Unlimited internet

All for £15pm :D

Next look for decent Apps

Wayfair
06-06-2011, 18:30
Well after playing with my sisters brand new HTC Desire S, I've done the same and got one on a T-Mobile Contract:

Phone (£100)
300 cross-network mins
300 text
Unlimited data
Unlimited internet

All for £15pm :D

Next look for decent Apps

I use HERE (http://www.mobiles24.com/downloads/free-android-apps) and HERE (http://www.appsinformant.com/) Hom3r.

Welshchris
07-06-2011, 20:48
i have the HTC Wildfire and for the cash its a great phone.

It wasnt the cheapest Android phone on Orange the cheapest being the Sanfransisco at £79 bit i paid £130 for this and very very happy.