PDA

View Full Version : Learn Direct Courses

MadGamer
05-05-2011, 18:04
Hi peeps, as some of you may know I have passed my Level 1 in Adult Literacy, and I am now progressing on to the Numeracy. Given that I have a qualification in IT, do you think it might be worth me doing their IT course after the Numeracy so that I can improve my skills in MS Office, given that I only know the basics?

Barewolf
06-05-2011, 10:52
I dont know anything about Learn Direct courses, But I've been doing OU Courses since 2002 and theres a wide variety of courses suited to Microsoft Software.

carlwaring
06-05-2011, 11:04
It depends what your current IT qualification is. I'm fairly certain that LD don't offer anything above ECDL Extra so if you have something more than that already then there would be no point. However, if you only have something like CLAIT or IBT2 then it might be worth it.

Well done on passing the L1 AL though :)

Ignitionnet
06-05-2011, 11:37
So long as it's free do it. Absolutely fill your boots young man!

MadGamer
06-05-2011, 12:57
It depends what your current IT qualification is. I'm fairly certain that LD don't offer anything above ECDL Extra so if you have something more than that already then there would be no point. However, if you only have something like CLAIT or IBT2 then it might be worth it.

Well done on passing the L1 AL though :) I have a BTEC National Diploma in IT already, along with a NCFE Computer Maintenance qualification

haydnwalker
06-05-2011, 13:01
Pointless doing any other IT courses below your BTEC then as a BTEC ND is a Level 3 Qualification.

MadGamer
06-05-2011, 13:31
Hmmm ok then, perhaps its something I could learn using books and such then, specifically Excel

carlwaring
06-05-2011, 14:15
I have a BTEC National Diploma in IT already, along with a NCFE Computer Maintenance qualification

I have no idea what's covered in those courses but....

Hmmm ok then, perhaps its something I could learn using books and such then, specifically Excel

...I assume that use of Office software isn't? If that is the case then you might well find the ECDL Extra course useful. You can take a look at what it's about here: http://www.bcs.org/category/14427