PDA

View Full Version : Broken Toe

Welshchris
04-05-2011, 09:02
I Broke my toe a few years ago its something like 4years or so.

Anyway last thursday i got out of bed and my foot was swollen and didnt think much of it cos i have Osteo Arthritis. Anyway it didnt go down so i went to see the doc yesterday cos i was just curious more than anything.

She thinks its quite possible i have rebroken my toe. Now i can bend the toe, but its painful, my entire foot and ankle is swollen.

I didnt go for an x-ray because i have not banged, twisted or done anything that might have caused any sort of injury to my foot.

She said the only thing that i can do is keep off it as much as possible which is easy for her to say when ur attending appointments for treatment almost everyday at the hospital and also put ice onto it.

Anyone else recomment anything that may help phaps a support etc?

haydnwalker
04-05-2011, 14:59
You could try strapping 2 toes together? Take ibuprofen (if you can) etc... Not alot else I can suggest as Even when I DID break my toe (x-ray etc) the hospital/GP didn't do anything, but told me to be careful :-S

superbiatch
04-05-2011, 15:31
I broke my foot as a child and it went unnoticed (only a small bone), but every now and again is i knock it, or move it in awkwardly i can easily end up with a foot like a balloon and having to take a week off work so you've got my sympathies :)

Welshchris
04-05-2011, 21:40
i have strapped two toes together and i take lodine which is a strong anti inflamatory stronger than IBuprofen for my arthritis.

I still dont know how i could have rebroken it tho. Ive not twisted, kicked, knocked etc i went to bed ok and woke up with a swelling and no funny jokes please lol.