PDA

View Full Version : Wifi disconnections and "Server not found"

DDD
28-04-2011, 20:53
Hello, recently I have been having problems with the internet. One problem is that the WiFi within my household will randomly go down for everyone, however the PC with the direct connection to the modem works fine for the internet.

The second problem is that a lot of the time lately it's been a pain to get the internet working, pages always load as "Server not found" (Firefox) I have to keep clicking "Try again" until the page loads (that's if it will eventually load). I have tried other browsers and they also fail to load anything. (This problem is for everyone on the network, including the direct connection)

Also a note to add is that with my Xbox, while trying to connect via WiFi I revived a message saying "Your console can connect to Xbox Live, but your router or gateway isn't properly responding to ICMP responses.

I live in Swansea, also this is the modem I am using:
http://nickpackhamonline.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/03032009241.jpg
(Not my image)

My wireless router is a Belkin Wireless G Model: F5D7230-4.

These are my downstream and upstream values:

Downstream Lock : Locked
Downstream Channel Id : 172
Downstream Frequency : 323000000 Hz
Downstream Modulation : QAM256
Downstream Symbol Rate : 6952 Ksym/sec
Downstream Interleave Depth : taps12Increment17
Downstream Receive Power Level : -1.1 dBmV
Downstream SNR : 38.7 dB

Upstream Lock : Locked
Upstream Channel ID : 3
Upstream Frequency : 45800000 Hz
Upstream Modulation : QPSK
Upstream Symbol Rate : 5120 Ksym/sec
Upstream transmit Power Level : 55.2 dBmV
Upstream Mini-Slot Size : 4

Thank you :)

craigj2k12
28-04-2011, 23:15
your upstream power level is quite high and will probably need adjusting

Failswitch
29-04-2011, 00:36
Try changing your wireless channel, the culprit to wireless dropouts is usually the default channel being set to auto.

You should also call or post on the official forum to get an engineer visit booked to reduce your high upload power level. The engineer will also probably change over your ageing modem with a hub with a built in router which should offer better wireless throughput than your current router.

DDD
29-04-2011, 11:32
Thanks for the replies, I'll carry out the suggestions :)