PDA

View Full Version : DPD courier

Chrysalis
27-04-2011, 09:59
waiting for a pre noon delivery, am worried as apparently they normally give a 1hr estimated window for delivery?

Mine just says "out for delivery", anyone with experience of these guys can shed some light?

Chris
27-04-2011, 10:16
Between fretting about your download speeds, network congestion and courier delivery times, you need to remember to relax occasionally ;)

My only experience of them was last Christmas, and it was dreadful - but the weather was playing absolute havoc with deliveries so it would probably be unfair to draw too many conclusions from it.

IIRC you should be able to see on the tracking what time it went out for delivery. If you know the location of the depot it went out from you might be able to guestimate how long it'll take to get to you.

That said, they still have more than 90 minutes to hit the 'pre-noon' deadline.

Chrysalis
27-04-2011, 10:59
scan (where I ordered from) says there is a problem and are on the case for me.

According to them its not on a van yet as there should be a stage after "out for delivery" and they confirmed there should also be an estimated time.

Chris, not sure why you think its a problem to expect what I pay for tho.

The time it says out for delivery is 4.10am, however it didnt update to that until 8.30am so that in itself is questionable as is a 4 hour lag time between saying when out for delivery and the display updating plus I find it odd they would be delivering at that time of day.

Chris
27-04-2011, 11:01
Expecting to get what you pay for isn't a problem, but spending all your time worrying that somebody, somewhere might not be giving you what you're paying for puts you at risk of spending too much time worrying and too little time enjoying life. If it's as sunny in Leics as it is here this morning, you should just go out in the sunshine and relax for half an hour. ;)

Chrysalis
27-04-2011, 11:02
going out when need to stay in for delivery? that makes sense?

Chris
27-04-2011, 11:07
In your back garden? :confused:

danielf
27-04-2011, 11:09
Perhaps he lives in a flat?

Chris
27-04-2011, 11:10
Perhaps he does. Maybe he could make a cup of tea and simply enjoy the view from the window instead. I don't know, just something to take his mind off the constant worry of being cheated.

Chris
27-04-2011, 11:13
Incidentally, this is what my new copy of Photoshop looks like as it travels through the UPS system from Germany to Scotland.

It might make a useful comparison, presumably these things are similar from one company to the next.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=22155&stc=1&d=1303899172

Chrysalis
27-04-2011, 11:25
funny enough within 10 mins of my call the tracking updates that its on a van, its amazing what a bit of pushing can do.

chris your remarks were a bit off, maybe my relaxation is been on my pc you dont know, but for your information I have no private garden and am in a flat. However if I was in eg. a semi detached house I likely would not go in a back garden when waiting for delivery unless the doorbell could be heard from there.

Chrysalis
27-04-2011, 13:59
ok its here now and was late but I will say the good points.

I rang DPD a 2nd time after midday and they did answer the phone and were polite. After a bit on hold the guy gave me the mobile number of the driver. I rang the driver who put me next on the list and said be here in 10 minutes, to help him out I told him the best place to park and I would leave my front door open for him, and ill be quick so traffic wardens wouldnt get him.

So although it was late it was nice to deal with a courier company that doesnt shy away from you and get to speak with the drivers.

Chris
27-04-2011, 17:40
Well, my own package just arrived - however the UPS website's last word on it is that the thing is still at the depot. i.e. there is no note to say it went out on the van.

I guess sometimes they're just too keen to get the package to you to remember the paperwork ... :D

haydnwalker
28-04-2011, 10:06
I've had plenty of dealings with DPD from Amazon/Ebuyer etc, and they have always been excellent. I never think they are going to be there in the AM/PM even if they state so, so I always make sure I'm around the house that particular day.

Usually DPD come to my house first thing in the morning anyway. But always had first class service from them.

It must depend on the franchise area/particular driver to keep up with the paperwork/item scanning.

Kymmy
28-04-2011, 11:22
We don;t go with these fancy electronic doorbell thingies, we have two furry doorbells.. They're so good that people don't even need to knock on the door before the doorbells go off so there's no chance of ever missing a delivery :D

MovedGoalPosts
14-11-2011, 13:50
pfft. I'll bump this thread and state that DPD lie through their teeth.

Paid an upgrade to get a before noon delievery today for some computer parts. Their text message states deleivery between 12.03 and 13.03. Still not arrived so I check their tracking website and it says they are tried to deliver at 12:10, nobody to sign for the parcel and left a card.

What bleeping card :mad: They never came to my door did they. I should know because I've been sitting here waiting in anticipation for my toys. :(

Now I wont' be in for the next few days, hence why I wanted delivery today. :mad:

:rant:

AbyssUnderground
15-11-2011, 12:18
This happened to a friend once. Do you live on a road whose name is similar to another in your area? E.G XXXX Road but also XXXX Drive exists too? My friend frequently gets his things delivered to the wrong road because of that issue.

MovedGoalPosts
15-11-2011, 13:40
Nope I'm not aware of any road in the vicinity with a similar name. I suppose the courier could be useless though and not know how to read a satnav and end up in an adjacent street anyway.

Still scan have redirected my stuff and it's just arrived at my workplace, 24 hours later.