PDA

View Full Version : 30M Virgin Media Service Status

telfordcable
27-04-2011, 01:31
Virgin Media should be open to public website of service status and not hidden in the member area - very annoying to type in customer account and password every time I log in to check service status.

They should updated properly:

1) Service Status For TV, Broadband, Phone
2) Maintenance Work
3) Area Fault
4) Network Status

Peter_
27-04-2011, 05:44
Do you mean like the the last thread you started where the actual fault number you posted did not actually exist, oddly enough certain staff members can verify valid fault reference numbers in their sleep.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rol leyes:

AndyCambs
27-04-2011, 05:54
I don't type in a user name and password - all it needs is my phone number to check the area for specific faults.
https://my.virginmedia.com/service-status/details

weesteev
27-04-2011, 07:23
The service status is linked to valid customers details so when you check against a phone number or account number, any outages that affect either the Telco switch or Amplifier node will be displayed. This is a lot more accurate than searching for fault tickets yourself. What the point in your question exactly Telford?

Oh, and the service status page shows exactly what you have suggested, if there are no faults or maintenance tickets raised then they wont show.

Sirius
27-04-2011, 08:18
The service status is linked to valid customers details so when you check against a phone number or account number, any outages that affect either the Telco switch or Amplifier node will be displayed. This is a lot more accurate than searching for fault tickets yourself. What the point in your question exactly Telford?

Oh, and the service status page shows exactly what you have suggested, if there are no faults or maintenance tickets raised then they wont show.

Dont ask him that it only encourages him to post more :)

Kymmy
27-04-2011, 08:24
Virgin Media should be open to public website of service status and not hidden in the member area - very annoying to type in customer account and password every time I log in to check service status.

2) Maintenance Work
3) Area Fault
4) Network Status

Why? Is it relevant to non VM customers?? Even the VMB customers can check it via their phone number..

Or do you expect a big demand for service status for customers who don;t use the service?? :rolleyes:

Chrysalis
27-04-2011, 10:06
to be fair I agree with telford, no reason it cant be just a normal publicly accessible service status page which then shows outages for entire country.

If you consider the typical person using it may well already be frustrated with a fault or outage of some sort and they then have to dig up customer number etc.

RobboEdin
27-04-2011, 10:10
You have to logon to My Virgin Media now to access this. My Virgin Media knows your account information so why can't it use that information to get your status? It's silly that you have to remember your account number.

Peter_
27-04-2011, 10:19
to be fair I agree with telford, no reason it cant be just a normal publicly accessible service status page which then shows outages for entire country.

If you consider the typical person using it may well already be frustrated with a fault or outage of some sort and they then have to dig up customer number etc.
Because when we had that we ended up wit a extremely long and complicated page, the new one gives information relevant to you.

---------- Post added at 10:19 ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 ----------

You have to logon to My Virgin Media now to access this. My Virgin Media knows your account information so why can't it use that information to get your status? It's silly that you have to remember your account number.
I only use my phone number to get fault information.

Stephen
27-04-2011, 10:42

2) Maintenance Work
3) Area Fault
4) Network Status

It's not annoying at all, as it is likely people won't need to access the site very often.

Unless they are you and like to look at it all the time so you can try and make up stuff to post on here.

Also your English is very bad, sounds like you don't know how to speak it very well.

Chrysalis
27-04-2011, 10:54
Because when we had that we ended up wit a extremely long and complicated page, the new one gives information relevant to you.[COLOR="Silver"]

define complicated?

lately VM seem to have an obssession with over simplicity.

Or do you have so many ongoing faults it spreads down a few hundred lines?

I do remember the old ntl pages and they were much better than whats in place now.

Peter_
27-04-2011, 11:03
define complicated?

lately VM seem to have an obssession with over simplicity.

Or do you have so many ongoing faults it spreads down a few hundred lines?

I do remember the old ntl pages and they were much better than whats in place now.
It does it job by giving you just the information relating to your account whereas the old pages had to be searched, all you do is enter your phone number and any faults specific to you are shown.

craigj2k12
27-04-2011, 11:24
it doesnt even recognise my phone number, so i have to either go through "my virgin media" or put in my account number etc.

Chrysalis
27-04-2011, 11:35
It does it job by giving you just the information relating to your account whereas the old pages had to be searched, all you do is enter your phone number and any faults specific to you are shown.

what happens if you dont have your number handy.

before all you had to do was load the page and not enter anything, and I dont remember having to search particurly hard.

The approach I would take is a generic page that shows all info, with a box on top where can filter out just an area if required.

craigj2k12
27-04-2011, 11:55
if it recognised my phone number, that would be good enough. my phone number goes:

01744-XXXXX

it has the area code, then 5 digits, instead of 6, so the website doesnt recognise it, the account details say that the phone number is

017404-XXXXX

but even when i put this is, i dont get service status, it return an error saying that the number isnt recognised!!!!

Chrysalis
27-04-2011, 11:58
interesting.

Date Issue raised: April 15 2011, 13:13
Estimated repair time: April 27 2011, 17:00
Fault reference: F001576837

You will currently be experiencing problems accessing various programmes on your Video On Demand services. Our engineers are aware of this issue and are currently working to fix it fast. We apologise for any inconvenience this may be causing.

O_o

Peter_
27-04-2011, 11:59
interesting.

Date Issue raised: April 15 2011, 13:13
Estimated repair time: April 27 2011, 17:00
Fault reference: F001576837

You will currently be experiencing problems accessing various programmes on your Video On Demand services. Our engineers are aware of this issue and are currently working to fix it fast. We apologise for any inconvenience this may be causing.

O_o
That is a national issue.