PDA

View Full Version : Broken Toe

LSainsbury
22-04-2011, 14:08
Hello,

Early Wednesday morning (2am) I was stubling around the bedroom looking for some paracetomol to stop a headace when I smashed my 'ickle toe onto my overnight case that was on the floor - I was due to go to Manchester / Bangor Wednesday morning.

It hurt like **** but went back to bed - got up with it still hurting and painful and went to Manchester and then onto Bangor to complete some work. Got back last night. Noticed my toes now had some nice purple bruising around them, so decided to go to minor injuries this morning.

Half hour later and an xray confirmed that I've broken it. :mad:

I've now got it strapped up and taking paracetamol and codeine for the pain.

Been told to keep the pressure off it for two weeks. :mad:

Anybody else here broken a toe and how long did it take to mend itself?

dilli-theclaw
22-04-2011, 14:15
Well it took too long to pick up on the problems I had with my toe and foot. I broke it some time in October and it has not yet healed up. Although in my case there are complications. I ended up being admitted new years eve for a week with a diabetic ulcer on my big toe - it was at that point that I realised I had a break too.

Zing
22-04-2011, 14:22
shouldn't take to long and it only hurts while the pains there so stop being a big girl lol lol

LSainsbury
22-04-2011, 14:29
shouldn't take to long and it only hurts while the pains there so stop being a big girl lol lol

Thanks mate!! :D

Zing
22-04-2011, 14:30
pleasure dude hehehehehe

Hom3r
22-04-2011, 14:45
My mum drop a 1-1/2" thick chopping board on her big toe and she luckily didn't break it, but her toe nail turned black and eventually fell off.

Zing
22-04-2011, 14:47
My little toe nail on my left fell off a long time ago and it never grows right and it get uncomfortable so periodically I just rip it out again

Caff
22-04-2011, 15:01
Broken 2 of mine - 2nd toe on right foot (due to excess water in the swimming bath changing rooms and over-eagerness) and second was big toe on my left.
They hurt a bit and were workable the next day. The big toe still gives me a bit of trouble in high heels and the other just looks slightly 'different' :D

Does it really hurt so bad that you need pain-killers?

Like they said - be kind to it for a couple of weeks.

---------- Post added at 15:01 ---------- Previous post was at 15:00 ----------

My little toe nail on my left fell off a long time ago and it never grows right and it get uncomfortable so periodically I just rip it out again

And there was me just about to eat my lunch - ew :D

Zing
22-04-2011, 15:33
Broken 2 of mine - 2nd toe on right foot (due to excess water in the swimming bath changing rooms and over-eagerness) and second was big toe on my left.
They hurt a bit and were workable the next day. The big toe still gives me a bit of trouble in high heels and the other just looks slightly 'different' :D

Does it really hurt so bad that you need pain-killers?

Like they said - be kind to it for a couple of weeks.

---------- Post added at 15:01 ---------- Previous post was at 15:00 ----------

And there was me just about to eat my lunch - ew :D

I will save ya the next one if ya want? shoudl make a nice snack lmao

Caff
22-04-2011, 16:51
I will save ya the next one if ya want? shoudl make a nice snack lmao

I'll stick it in with some pork scratchings then :D

Sasha222
22-04-2011, 17:04
Hello,

Early Wednesday morning (2am) I was stubling around the bedroom looking for some paracetomol to stop a headace when I smashed my 'ickle toe onto my overnight case that was on the floor - I was due to go to Manchester / Bangor Wednesday morning.

It hurt like **** but went back to bed - got up with it still hurting and painful and went to Manchester and then onto Bangor to complete some work. Got back last night. Noticed my toes now had some nice purple bruising around them, so decided to go to minor injuries this morning.

Half hour later and an xray confirmed that I've broken it. :mad:

I've now got it strapped up and taking paracetamol and codeine for the pain.

Been told to keep the pressure off it for two weeks. :mad:

Anybody else here broken a toe and how long did it take to mend itself?

At least some good came out of it. The bang on your toe made you forget about your headache https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/04/23.gif

Hope your toe feels better soon ;)

Zing
22-04-2011, 17:06
I'll stick it in with some pork scratchings then :D

good cuz I am rather partial to it myself and it only needs doing every few months lol

LondonRoad
22-04-2011, 17:11
A broken toe is an incovenience for a couple of weeks. An ingrown toenail is actually more painfull and lasts much longer. I've broke my right big toe 3 times, mainly because when I played football I only tackled with my right foot.:dunce:
I've lost the toenail on the same toe nail another 3 times. The last time was last year, when I misjudged the step coming out of the shower. That was actually sorer than either of the times I broke my toe because the toenail grew back ingrown and was bloody agony for months. I've still to bath it in hot water and push the skin back to prevent the nail cutting into flesh.:shocked:

Sasha222
22-04-2011, 17:12
good cuz I am rather partial to it myself and it only needs doing every few months lol

That sounds like a nice Easter Sunday lunch roasted toenail

Caff
22-04-2011, 17:19
A broken toe is an incovenience for a couple of weeks. An ingrown toenail is actually more painfull and lasts much longer. I've broke my right big toe 3 times, mainly because when I played football I only tackled with my right foot.:dunce:
I've lost the toenail on the same toe nail another 3 times. The last time was last year, when I misjudged the step coming out of the shower. That was actually sorer than either of the times I broke my toe because the toenail grew back ingrown and was bloody agony for months. I've still to bath it in hot water and push the skin back to prevent the nail cutting into flesh.:shocked:

Handy tip and is certainly not strictly medical advice but it works for myself and little 'uns :
a cocktail stick and a tiny wadge of cotton wool eased under the edge of the nail will let it grow out and not in. Always worked for me/us - and then not cut that edge below toe length.

Failing that - some steel toe cap boots :D

Oh @ Zing too :D

Zing
22-04-2011, 18:31
Ingrowing toenails I just score down with a scalpel and then rip it out with pliers. No faffin lol

Welshchris
22-04-2011, 18:34
I broke my Big toe on my right foot a few years ago. suffering from back problems i was trying to carry more than what i could in from the taxi after shopping and i fell forward and my toes were against the front of a step and it bent my big toe right back and snapped. I drove to and from the hospital and was in agony everytime i had to use the break i was almost hitting the roof in pain. Took about 8 weeks before it was really back to something close to normal.

tosh mate
23-04-2011, 00:03
over the year's i've broken a few of my toe's on both feet and all i normally do is tape the broken one to the next one that is not broke

LondonRoad
23-04-2011, 00:24
over the year's i've broken a few of my toe's on both feet and all i normally do is tape the broken one to the next one that is not broke

It's difficult when the next one that's not broken is on the other foot. :D It's very easy to break your nose when you fall doing that. ;)

tosh mate
23-04-2011, 00:27
It's difficult when the next one that's not broken is on the other foot. :D It's very easy to break your nose when you fall doing that. ;)

LOL....... so far luckily the unbroken one has been on the same foot..... and 'touch wood' i've never broken my nose lol
but years ago i did have my cheekbone shattered :(

LondonRoad
23-04-2011, 00:36
LOL....... so far luckily the unbroken one has been on the same foot..... and 'touch wood' i've never broken my nose lol

Ouch!:(

Despite a tendency towards being clumsy I've only ever broken toes and ribs. My face could probably do with being rearranged but I've sort of grown used to where to put the razor in the morning:D

Sasha222
23-04-2011, 00:40

That must have been sore breaking your cheekbone. Do you still get pain now from the injury?

tosh mate
23-04-2011, 00:45
Ouch!:(

Despite a tendency towards being clumsy I've only ever broken toes and ribs. My face could probably do with being rearranged but I've sort of grown used to where to put the razor in the morning:D

LOL well i have whiskers so not much of my face see's a razor........

i've broken toe's, rib's, my leg in 3 places when a 2.5 ton forklift ran into it and then as i said my cheekbone ( by a headbutt after i had ejected a drunk trouble maker from a pub i was drinking in and had helped train the manager)
and also broken finger's.......

---------- Post added at 00:45 ---------- Previous post was at 00:41 ----------

That must have been sore breaking your cheekbone. Do you still get pain now from the injury?

it happened 20+ years ago and yes it does give me trouble in the bitter cold
and really bright sun cause's my eye to close a little

Sasha222
23-04-2011, 00:52
Sorry to hear that. You have been through the wars with all the injurys you have. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

tosh mate
23-04-2011, 00:55
Sorry to hear that. You have been through the wars with all the injurys you have. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thank You...... just battered and 'battle scarred' lol
but i won't go into other injuries i've had

Sasha222
23-04-2011, 01:01
https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/04/14.gif You have more? :(

tosh mate
23-04-2011, 01:04
https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/04/14.gif You have more? :(

yup lol......lot's of scars to show too

Sasha222
23-04-2011, 01:12
https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/04/13.gif Here's a drink from me as you need it with all you have been through :D:D:D

tosh mate
23-04-2011, 01:14
https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/04/13.gif Here's a drink from me as you need it with all you have been through :D:D:D

Thank You but i'll take a 'rain check' as i don't drink :)

Sasha222
23-04-2011, 01:16
It's a shandy so your safe :D:D:D

tosh mate
23-04-2011, 01:20
It's a shandy so your safe :D:D:D

LOL ...... Thank You but i don't even have shandy
if i go out it's orange and lemonade......

Sasha222
23-04-2011, 01:21
Ya thats what it is it orange and Leomonade :D:D