PDA

View Full Version : Superhub Superhub update today ?

b8birmingham
21-04-2011, 22:36
Got a new update today anyone know whats included ? i know R25 had problems had none myself though

Software Version: "V5.5.2R26"

Hardware Version: 2.00

Helix
21-04-2011, 22:52
Just a fix for the streaming/download issues people were getting with the Firewall off. I don't believe this contains any other fixes that weren't in R25.

Bridge mode is coming in R27 apparently, which is going to testers start of May and released to all customers in June.

pip08456
21-04-2011, 22:53
Just a fix for the streaming/download issues people were getting with the Firewall off. I don't believe this contains any other fixes that weren't in R25.

Bridge mode is coming in R27 apparently, which is going to testers start of May and released to all customers in June.

Correct.

Chrysalis
21-04-2011, 22:55
test done, vmng300 back in now until bridge mode testing time :)

Helix
21-04-2011, 23:04
test done, vmng300 back in now until bridge mode testing time :)

I'm happy for now, with the R26 update. Was trying to get hold of a VMNG300 last week when Virgin didn't seem to even be acknowledging the R25 issues, but didn't have much luck.

Will be glad when Bridge Mode is finally released though

pip08456
21-04-2011, 23:38
I'm happy for now, with the R26 update. Was trying to get hold of a VMNG300 last week when Virgin didn't seem to even be acknowledging the R25 issues, but didn't have much luck.

Will be glad when Bridge Mode is finally released though

The only place you will be able to get one from is the CEO's office and only if they have any left!

Helix
21-04-2011, 23:43
The only place you will be able to get one from is the CEO's office and only if they have any left!

That was going to be my next port of call after the Twitter team - who did try and find a tech with one on their van they could pop round, but now R26 has been released I'm happy waiting for Bridge Mode now - as long as they don't manage to screw that up.

Nopanic
22-04-2011, 08:25

You know the CEO's office don't actually stock modems ..

TJS
22-04-2011, 09:16
How do you get the update?

isoclene
22-04-2011, 09:27
How do you get the update?

reboot superhub

TJS
22-04-2011, 09:30
Got it, thankyou

jb66
22-04-2011, 09:50
You know the CEO's office don't actually stock modems ..

Where do they get them from?

Nopanic
22-04-2011, 09:52
Where do they get them from?

The field .. the odd one or two collected by techs. It's becoming harder and harder to source them too.

Chrysalis
22-04-2011, 13:27
well if they have a stock somewhere then they got mine from the field very fast, as mine was shipped out the same day I rang.

Web-Junkie
22-04-2011, 15:58
Mine's updated without me doing anything!

At least it's cured my usenet downloading issues, for now!! As mentioned in the beta test thread it looks like they were more concerned about closing SSH first than fixing the reported issues and only now have they started to address those issues!!

craigj2k12
23-04-2011, 11:30
well if they have a stock somewhere then they got mine from the field very fast, as mine was shipped out the same day I rang.

they collected them all up from around the country, it took me about 2 weeks for mine as they hadnt collected them all

Chrysalis
23-04-2011, 14:11
they collected them all up from around the country, it took me about 2 weeks for mine as they hadnt collected them all

yes but when they then put them in a pile somewhere its called a stock :)

Web-Junkie
23-04-2011, 14:58
Spoke too soon, errors are back and corrupt NNTP downloads :mad:

craigj2k12
23-04-2011, 16:59
yes but when they then put them in a pile somewhere its called a stock :)

to me, that isnt stock... well according to the defninition of stock it probably is, but they arent for sale, and they arent given out to customers, and are not advertised, so yes, the number of modems they have are a "stock" of modems, but they arent just given out to anyone, hence why they are "stocked" at the CEO office

Fspiders
23-04-2011, 20:31
MY super hub connection was just great, Solid top blue light unless accessing data and not a single drop out.

2 days ago they upgraded me from the 1mb upload to 3mb upload and the V5.5.2R26 version. Since then I've hardly had a connection, the blue top light continually flashes even with the no computer on. And every couple of minutes it turns to a flashing green light and I've lost my internet.

the event log shows these lines

No UCDs Received - Timeout
SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing
SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire FEC framing
No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out
Ranging Request Retries exhausted
Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out
Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out

I can clear the log and within 2 minutes this lot is back an no internet.

I had a perfect 30mb broadband up to Thursday now it's just useless.

Regards.

looselipsuk
23-04-2011, 22:04
MY super hub connection was just great, Solid top blue light unless accessing data and not a single drop out.

2 days ago they upgraded me from the 1mb upload to 3mb upload and the V5.5.2R26 version. Since then I've hardly had a connection, the blue top light continually flashes even with the no computer on. And every couple of minutes it turns to a flashing green light and I've lost my internet.

the event log shows these lines

No UCDs Received - Timeout
SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing
SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire FEC framing
No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out
Ranging Request Retries exhausted
Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out
Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out

I can clear the log and within 2 minutes this lot is back an no internet.

I had a perfect 30mb broadband up to Thursday now it's just useless.

Regards.

Having simliar problems with constant connection problems. Has dropped connection 4 times this evening already. :mad:
Was rock solid before this firmware update. Superdud seems to be the correct name for this pile of junk it has now turned into.