PDA

View Full Version : Superhub can't connect via wifi

markmu66
19-04-2011, 02:48
Hi guys, having a problem with the new superhub. i thought i was going to post and ask for help connecting my sons ps3 but when i came in from nightshift i've discovered i can't even connect my laptop wirelessly. the connection was working fine when i left for work last night. now it doesn't even appear on the list of available networks. i've managed to connect via ethernet. only got superhub installed along with triple xl package last week and already not very impressed.
help please?

sazdeagle
19-04-2011, 07:51
Hi, I'm having exactly the same problem. My children's netbooks were working fine, connected to the superhub, now all of sudden they cannot connect at all and our superhub doesn't come up in a list of available networks! The main computer is connected and working fine though.

Any ideas anyone??

General Maximus
19-04-2011, 08:42
a reset might be in order to give it a kick up the bum, then connect with a cable and go into the config page (192.168.0.1) and change your wireless settings to channel 9 or below and a max transmission speed of 145mbit, and while you are there, disable the firewall and ip flood detection

markmu66
19-04-2011, 08:58
a reset might be in order to give it a kick up the bum, then connect with a cable and go into the config page (192.168.0.1) and change your wireless settings to channel 9 or below and a max transmission speed of 145mbit, and while you are there, disable the firewall and ip flood detection

Many thanks General Maximus you are a star. Even my sons PS3 is connecting now. :tu:

General Maximus
19-04-2011, 09:02
sweet

sniper007
20-04-2011, 17:11
The above seems good advice, unfortunately. :( I was liking the new superhub but I have been having a lot of wireless issues of late as well. Only fix I find is to reboot it which is frustrating and not what I need in a router. I just want it to work. My old Linksys could go weeks or months 24/7 getting hammered and would never quit.

General Maximus
20-04-2011, 17:57
couldnt have said it better myself dude. I have got a linksys router atm and I am not going to upgrade to 100mbit until they have fixed all the problems with the pooper hub 100% and got bridge mode working 100% so I know I can continue to use my linksys router

sniper007
20-04-2011, 20:55
couldnt have said it better myself dude. I have got a linksys router atm and I am not going to upgrade to 100mbit until they have fixed all the problems with the pooper hub 100% and got bridge mode working 100% so I know I can continue to use my linksys router

The thing is, my Linksys WRT54GL open source running tomato had to retire as it was at it's limit on the incoming wan port running 50mbps, plus only internal 100mbps ports.

General Maximus
20-04-2011, 21:37
i know, when i upgraded to 50mbit i had to replace mine with the wrt150N and it handles 50mbit no problemo

pip08456
20-04-2011, 21:48

Don't know if the R26 release fixes this issue, but for other issues it seems to be an improvement ATM.

I'm running my VM connection on a second PC until my contract ends so applied to test R26 although it is to be pushed out to all at the end of the week.