PDA

View Full Version : Returning items to Amazon

MadGamer
18-04-2011, 11:01
Hey guys, not sure if I have put this in the right place, if not could one of the mods kindly move it please. Anyway I bought a 250GB HDD for my 360 and didn't realise that the drive came with a transfer cable. I have however ordered one separately thinking that the drives didn't come supplied with one. Hasn't arrived yet, but when it does, is it just a case of following the returns procedure on the website?

Kymmy
18-04-2011, 11:04
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=502480

The have a 30day return policy so if you can't cancel it on the website then follow the link. It does though depend on if it's amazon you're buying of or a 3rd party seller as to what the returns procedure is.

Peter_
18-04-2011, 11:05
Hey guys, not sure if I have put this in the right place, if not could one of the mods kindly move it please. Anyway I bought a 250GB HDD for my 360 and didn't realise that the drive came with a transfer cable. I have however ordered one separately thinking that the drives didn't come supplied with one. Hasn't arrived yet, but when it does, is it just a case of following the returns procedure on the website?
Just follow the returns procedure and it will print off a returns label, job done.

MadGamer
18-04-2011, 11:47
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=502480

The have a 30day return policy so if you can't cancel it on the website then follow the link. It does though depend on if it's amazon you're buying of or a 3rd party seller as to what the returns procedure is. Thats interesting, because on the receipt/invoice it says I have 7 days to return after the date I receive it, but any who thanks for the info people :)

Kymmy
18-04-2011, 11:49
Legally with distance selling rules it is 7 days.. but amazon for their own selling allow 30 days.. Was it bought from amazon or from a 3rd party selling via amazon??

haydnwalker
18-04-2011, 11:50
The 7Days is Distance Selling Regs Cooling Off Period.

30 Days is Amazon (not 3rd Party Reseller) terms. 3rd Party Reseller (ie if it isn't sold by "Amazon EU S.a.r.l") may be different, but you will still have the 7days DSR cooling off period :)

MadGamer
18-04-2011, 11:53
Legally with distance selling rules it is 7 days.. but amazon for their own selling allow 30 days.. Was it bought from amazon or from a 3rd party selling via amazon?? Bought from Amazon

Kymmy
18-04-2011, 11:54
Either way as you have not received it yet you're within the 7 days

haydnwalker
18-04-2011, 14:37
Either way as you have not received it yet you're within the 7 days

Yeah, as its 7 days from date of delivery :)