PDA

View Full Version : Tivo installation

Dexstroyer
17-04-2011, 21:20
Hi there,

I registered for the Tivo pre-sale event and received my sign-up offer last Tuesday, so both me and the father in law signed up for installation on 23/04.

Now, he has had an email with a date of the 21/04 and as yet I have had nothing at , not even a confirmation email, I have a reference number from the screen shot of the request. But, when I called VM the lady said that it takes upto 5 days to through on a web request?

Can anyone confirm if this is correct or has my install somehow fallen off the system??

Thanks.

scrooge
19-04-2011, 14:07
I'm in a similar position - I ordered on the 12th.

Spent 30 mins last night ringing and being bounced around departments before being asked if I wanted to place a new order on the phone as the web order hasn't been processed (the person didn't confirm that the order existed when I asked either!)

I got fed up and decided not to bother!

I had intended on getting rid of this noisy small capacity SA V+ box for a tivo but I think I'll just cancel and go freeview/freesat/sky now.

Dexstroyer
19-04-2011, 14:37
Found the solution, and yep they've had issues with the "pre-sale" emails!!

I rang last night and all being installed on 21.04

You need to ring 0800 408 2159 I did and all sorted within 15 mins, no need to get passed around or on hold for long periods of time.

Try that before you give up,

Also mine should have come out at £3.00 p/month for Tivo + £6.50 p/month to keep the other box, but they've only charged me an extra £4 a month for both!!

I asked for her name, and noted the time and asked her 3 times and she repeated the price so lets hope they stick to it!!

scrooge
19-04-2011, 14:49
Nice one. I might give them a call although I lose the will to live when it comes to calling VM call centres!

Some people in the main tivo thread seem to be reporting that they're letting people keep their existing V+ as a second box for free, and some are getting free BB upgrades as well?

thread here...
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/11/33676466-general-tivo-discussion-part-2-a.html

it would be nice to get multi room for free but my V+ is a noisy POS and I can't wait to get rid of it! :D

weesteev
19-04-2011, 15:37
You could still get the free multi room but request a standard box instead of V+ and the tech can swap on the day for you.