PDA

View Full Version : Superhub Upcoming Install (50MB)

Rjs37
15-04-2011, 21:00
As part of the Tivo release I'm upgrading to VIP50 and therefore will be having the Super Hub installed at the same time. Does anyone know what the dimensions of the super hub are?

Currently I have one of the small blue ntl modems sat on-top of my second cable box (with a splitter at the back splitting the single between the box and the modem). There is then an ethernet cable from the modem to the other side of the room leading to my existing router.

I don't think this super hub would fit where the existing modem is (there's just over 4cm clearance above the box. I think the ideal situation would be replacing my existing router (providing it fits there). But this would mean that the splitting cable that is used would then need to be able to reach over to the other side of the room (i.e. long enough - I'd feed it through myself afterwards).

Would the installer have this extra wiring with them (is it even a suitable request?) or should I ring back up and make sure that they're aware of all this before the install next week?

Skie
15-04-2011, 21:42
He will have plenty of cable in the van. They are usually really good about re-routing things, so just clear the area and let him know what you want and he'll take a look and get to work. It will give him something to do while the tivo box installs.

jb66
15-04-2011, 21:43
Its huge, about 6 inch high. The installer will be fine as it will give him something to do while he waits for the Tivo to boot up :)

pip08456
15-04-2011, 22:33
There is then an ethernet cable from the modem to the other side of the room leading to my existing router.

Or he could just plug the ethernet into your PC and place the plooperhub where your modem is now.