PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare

raybessant
14-04-2011, 17:30
My name is Ray .

My wife and I have spent three months refurbishing our property spending all of our money,time and effort to achieve a beautiful new home for our family to move in to - one of the last things we had to do was install a cable provider - I persuaded my wife to change from Sky to virgin for our new property after seeing their adverts claiming faster and better services and reading their customer service promises contained in literature sent to our home.

We started to move into our new home and moved the tv's and pc in on Friday the 25th of March to facilitate the installation with the final move planned for the next day.

The engineer who called was later than was promised - told me there were no options for cabling and that he had to drill through my inner wall - he used newspaper and not the dust sheets he is provided with and did not use his pipe finders which he also is provided with - he drilled through my hot water pipe and flooded my whole ground floor - he did not apologise or help to stem or mop the flow of water.

The damage has proved to be devastating to our home and ourselves - the new wooden floor - down only 36 hours has been ruined beyond repair as well as a carpet that had also only been fitted that week.The engineer said to my wife that we would not receive compensation when she asked if they were insured and then claimed he didn't know who he worked for and did not know their number - my wife asked him what the number of his boss was and then used that number to phone his manager who turned out to be a sub-contractor from Mapgroupuk.

I phoned Virgin and was then passed from pillar to post after many push botton menus and 20 minutes of holding was told I would be called back within the hour - I was not called back and rang again 2 hours later to register my complaint and also to complain about customer service re my previous call.I was told I would be contacted in less than five days to deal with my complaint - I said that this was unacceptable and I needed to be reassured that this was covered by Virgin and cost and repair would be their responsibility - the person on the phone said that they would put a note on the complaint file explaining this point.

Mapgroupuk were contacted by my wife and they said they would provide a plumber and plasterer to repair the pipe and damage to wall - the engineer then proceeded to fit the cable around the sides of my house which he said before the incident was not an option so he had lied to us saying this was because he hadn't had time as he was too busy - Virgin's literature says that we are to be given all options available to hide cable.

A plumber was called who fixed the pipe and a plasterer came the next day leaving us an ugly unsanded wall either side of our newly decorated house and a ruined floor and carpet.They never came back to sand and paint the two damaged walls as thy had promised either.

I rang virgin twice in the next few days but was only told I would receive a reply in the five day time span re my complaint .I rang again on the ninth day since the complaint after having had no response - I was promised a call the following day which I received from a complaints manager finally ten days after my complaint - I received a phone bill from 02 mobile for 60 pounds more than usual due to the calls made about this complaint.I asked for the bill on my Virgin account -( which won't show details because the website hasn't worked properly for 2 weeks ) to be stopped as I hadn't even moved in to the property due to this damage and it still hasn't been removed.

I have also learned that Mapgroup the subcontractor are going back on their promise to pay up front for replacing and repairing the damage done by their negligence to our home.Mapgroup stopped answering my calls and e mails - asked me to look at another type of floor as it was proving too expensive for them to replace and after giving some money(not the full cost by any estimate) now want an insurance agent to look at it 3 weeks after the damage before they decide if they will pay or not - delaying me even more - why wasn't the insurance agent there the day after ? surely they should pay and let us get it done and then claim on their insurance ?

I am writing this because I am distressed that I have been and continue to be lied to and all promises made have come to nothing and to ask if anyone has any advice ?

Regards,
Ray

MovedGoalPosts
14-04-2011, 18:03
Whether the contractor likes it or not they will have a liability. They should also carry Public Liability Insurance to cover them selves for this type of incident. Regretably though they try to wiggle and often put the blame on the bloke on the ground who yes it may have been his fault for doing something wrong, but it is the contractor's responsibility to ensure it is dealt with correctly.

But in fact your contract for the install is with Virgin Media, not their installation subcontractor. Thus it is from Virgin Media that you have a claim and VM need to take that seriously.

Cable Forum does have a method of escalating serious issues to VM which can cut through some of the red tape. If you wish me to do this, please send me a PM with your customer name, address and a daytime contact phone number.

On a final note, if the property was as flooded by this as you intimate then you need to ensure it is properly dried out. That will be more than just replacing a bit of plaster and wooden flooring. Any floor screed will have absorbed moisture that could tak e some time to dry, even if dehumidifier drier kit is used. Again if a wall is affected by damp that can take days if not weeks to dry and new plaster will only cover over the damp that can come back. You may need some proper advice rather than accepting the "cut our costs" approach to reinstatement.

Neo-Tech
14-04-2011, 19:05
Nothing new about VM support, just email Neil Berkett, CEO of Virgin Media and one of his team members should get you somewhere (I hope!)

Maggy
14-04-2011, 19:41
Nothing new about VM support, just email Neil Berkett, CEO of Virgin Media and one of his team members should get you somewhere (I hope!)

Or let Rob deal with it as he has offered.

Neo-Tech
14-04-2011, 21:52
Does he have CEO like powers? :D

jungleguy
14-04-2011, 23:28
I'd just like to point out that new plumbing often involves the use of plastic pipes that the installers can't detect.

jb66
14-04-2011, 23:30
I'd just like to point out that new plumbing often involves the use of plastic pipes that the installers can't detect.

Seconded!!!!

raybessant
15-04-2011, 00:24
Hello - I'm afraid all of my pipes are copper so no get out clause for the engineer there and his attitude had to be heard to be believed.

Peter_
15-04-2011, 06:49
Does he have CEO like powers? :D
They have High Level Virginmedia contacts instead.;)

MovedGoalPosts
15-04-2011, 12:10
I have received your PM details and forwarded this to our contacts. Hopefully they will be in touch soon but as you didn't give your daytime contact number I hope they'll be able to find that from your account details ;)

Please do keep us updated as to how things progress.

raybessant
16-04-2011, 00:47
Thank you Rob - and thanks to all for all replies - I'm forced to wait and see if someone at Virgin does the right thing and quickly I hope.

Regards,

Ray

redone
16-04-2011, 11:26
Mapgroup dont care how much the damage is worth in my experiance they just pay up and pass the cost to the tech who gets it deducted from there wage. As for the tech not knowing who he worked for and not using his pipe detector he just sounds like an idiot

raybessant
16-04-2011, 11:39
Mapgroup's manager and CEO both phoned me and promised to pay all costs up front with no quibbling - they confirmed this in an e mail - they paid me an interim payment but when the estimates came in for replacing my ruined floor ignored my calls and e mails and brought in an insurance company who called to my house 20 days later - am still no closer to having repairs done as I have to wait for quotes and decisions to be relayed before I can give the flooring company the go ahead.
I would have thought Virgin would have forced them to keep their promises I mean their sub contract must be worth a lot and Virgin can't afford bad publicity like this - assuming they care - maybe I'm being naive.
Thanks for replying,

Regards,
Ray

martyh
16-04-2011, 12:00

Then common sense should prevail .

@RayBessant

This a horror story and assuming it is 100%true (there are a lot of posters that embellish their claims of bad installs so no offence to you;))you are the victim of a "hit and run"install that has left you with damage to your property and a really bad impression of VM's service as a whole .The contractors will be insured they just don't want to use their insurers as this will increase costs ,my advice would be to take up Robs offer of help

hope it all gets sorted soon

raybessant
16-04-2011, 17:58
Thanks martyh -

Excellent Small Gods quote btw;

am afraid there is no embellishment to my story - 'tis a tale of woe unvarnished by any prose of my making - as for the engineer who started the ball rolling through the pinball game of broken promises and awful customer service - this perhaps explains his ethos;

"There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do."

-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

martyh
16-04-2011, 18:29
Thanks martyh -

Excellent Small Gods quote btw;

am afraid there is no embellishment to my story - 'tis a tale of woe unvarnished by any prose of my making - as for the engineer who started the ball rolling through the pinball game of broken promises and awful customer service - this perhaps explains his ethos;

"There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do."

-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Ah ..a TP connesuir :D

actually i thought this one for the mapgroup management

"It could not be happening because this sort of thing did not happen. Any contradictory evidence could be safely ignored"

Terry Pratchet ...jingo

Jonnymeg
17-04-2011, 14:03
I seriously feel for the OP.

I have hit several water pipes in my time and i have found that my attitude and how i deal with people on the day can go along way in stopping a bad situation becoming a nightmare.

raybessant
17-04-2011, 17:44
This is very true - the reaction - or even non reaction and the way in which the engineeer spoke to my wife was unbelievable - and when he told us we wouldn't be compensated I THINK MY WIFE NEARLY HAD A HEART ATTACK !

nashville
17-04-2011, 18:05
This is really a dreadful thing to happen. maybe The Sunday Post would have sorted it out quicker. The once sorted out my holiday insurance within a week of writing to them after waiting months for my money back. Good luck .

raybessant
18-04-2011, 09:33
The Sunday Post might have - the Virgin media complaints team might well have sounded the Last Post because my complaint seems to have died many times - I keep resurrecting it though - I think they just hope I'll go away - but forgiving and forgetting are a long way off for me and my family I'm afraid.

raybessant
19-04-2011, 15:48
Hello again,

It is now day 25 since Virgin flooded and ruined my floor - still we have no access to a washing machine and we continue to trip on the damaged floor - Virgin/Mapgroup's insurers have a second set of estimates(remarkably similar to the 1st set but the prices have gone up for flooring by £1 per metre - they could have saved that if they had been more prompt methinks.
I await with bated breath their decision to give the go ahead and send payment for repairs(may need new lungs after this nightmare ends - if it ever does)

Regards,

Ray

nashville
19-04-2011, 16:35
Hi Ray
Hope this does not go on much longer for you, Just awful,

craigj2k12
19-04-2011, 17:14
Hello again,

It is now day 25 since Virgin flooded and ruined my floor - still we have no access to a washing machine and we continue to trip on the damaged floor - Virgin/Mapgroup's insurers have a second set of estimates(remarkably similar to the 1st set but the prices have gone up for flooring by £1 per metre - they could have saved that if they had been more prompt methinks.
I await with bated breath their decision to give the go ahead and send payment for repairs(may need new lungs after this nightmare ends - if it ever does)

Regards,

Ray

as you have mentioned your house has copper pipes, so the installer has no 'get out' clause, you should also claim a months "rent", i know you own the house, but you have mentioned you havent moved in because of the damage, are you paying rent somewhere else, or living with a friend, if so, you are entitled to some damages (not sure exactly how much)

raybessant
19-04-2011, 17:29
Hello Craig,

we had to pay our previous landlord for another month as we were renting temporarily even though we moved in a week later or so because we couldn't live with half our furniture and tv's pc's etc between two houses - our landlord would only accept a full month - but Mapgroup paid for the rent as an interim payment then never followed it up by funding the repairs despite promising to verbally and in an e mail -

Regards,

Ray

beeman
20-04-2011, 19:28
I know its too late to help you but advise for the future (or anyone else whos experenced something simmilar). As soon as something like this happens (after doing the emergency repairs (ie stop the water pooring out) ) the FIRST thing you should do is contact your home insurance provider. Typically they will authorise any work thats needed fairly quickly (as there not going to bee paying there usually quick at this). Then they will claim the money back from the traidsman's insurance (though the courts if nessary), with the ONLY cost to you being the initial exess (which you can claim back once your insurance company has settled the claim with the sub-contractor).

Just like if you have a car accident thats not your fault. You dont goto the party at fault for your repairs, you contact YOUR insurance company who then chases up the "at fault" policy holder on your behalf.

raybessant
20-04-2011, 23:00
Hello,

I would have gone straight to my home insurer if Mapgroup (Virgin's contractor)had not convinced me that they would pay up front for repairs and given me an interim payment with the promise of the rest to follow - yes I made mistakes - but in good faith and boy have I learned my lesson.

Regards,

Ray

martyh
20-04-2011, 23:08
I know its too late to help you but advise for the future (or anyone else whos experenced something simmilar). As soon as something like this happens (after doing the emergency repairs (ie stop the water pooring out) ) the FIRST thing you should do is contact your home insurance provider. Typically they will authorise any work thats needed fairly quickly (as there not going to bee paying there usually quick at this). Then they will claim the money back from the traidsman's insurance (though the courts if nessary), with the ONLY cost to you being the initial exess (which you can claim back once your insurance company has settled the claim with the sub-contractor).

Just like if you have a car accident thats not your fault. You dont goto the party at fault for your repairs, you contact YOUR insurance company who then chases up the "at fault" policy holder on your behalf.

good advice ,let the insurance company do the chasing they at least will have the clout to force contractors into action

---------- Post added at 22:08 ---------- Previous post was at 22:06 ----------

Hello,

I would have gone straight to my home insurer if Mapgroup (Virgin's contractor)had not convinced me that they would pay up front for repairs and given me an interim payment with the promise of the rest to follow - yes I made mistakes - but in good faith and boy have I learned my lesson.

Regards,

Ray

I think that's what most would do ,including myself if the contractor at fault had made such promises

hang in there :tu:

raybessant
21-04-2011, 16:09
Hello,

we are waiting for a decision from Garwyn insurance who are supposedly dealing with Mapgroup's claim - they will not give us a time scale for this decision/payout to be made. As I have previously written - we still have no washing machine as it will not fit under the worktop due to floor lifting and warping and areas continue to threaten a trip hazard.
It is now 27 days since the Virgin engineer flooded our house and ruined our floor through negligence and it still is dominating and ruining our family's lives.Last night we were forced to tell our daughter that her upcoming 18th Birthday Party had to be cancelled because it is obviously unsuitable to have people round - she was naturally very upset.We also have not been able to have our planned Easter BBQ which was to be our Housewarming party.
We have been advised that we should not even remove the floor in preparation in case there are any insurance queries re the damage which after this amount of time our advisor - my current home insurer - says is ridiculous,they would have processed this as a claim in half the time already elapsed.

I don't know how many times I can say that I am disappointed - it's more accurate to describe myself,my family and all who have been aware of this as disgusted at our treatment - every day adds to our stress and inconvenience - delaying plans long made and denying us the opportunity to enjoy our new home which I will remind you was perfect until Virgin came along.

Regards,

Ray

martyh
21-04-2011, 16:14
Hello,

we are waiting for a decision from Garwyn insurance who are supposedly dealing with Mapgroup's claim - they will not give us a time scale for this decision/payout to be made. As I have previously written - we still have no washing machine as it will not fit under the worktop due to floor lifting and warping and areas continue to threaten a trip hazard.
It is now 27 days since the Virgin engineer flooded our house and ruined our floor through negligence and it still is dominating and ruining our family's lives.Last night we were forced to tell our daughter that her upcoming 18th Birthday Party had to be cancelled because it is obviously unsuitable to have people round - she was naturally very upset.We also have not been able to have our planned Easter BBQ which was to be our Housewarming party.
We have been advised that we should not even remove the floor in preparation in case there are any insurance queries re the damage which after this amount of time our advisor - my current home insurer - says is ridiculous,they would have processed this as a claim in half the time already elapsed.

I don't know how many times I can say that I am disappointed - it's more accurate to describe myself,my family and all who have been aware of this as disgusted at our treatment - every day adds to our stress and inconvenience - delaying plans long made and denying us the opportunity to enjoy our new home which I will remind you was perfect until Virgin came along.

Regards,

Ray

I personally would be tempted to forward the above post to the VM ceo's office and see what they have to say

weesteev
21-04-2011, 16:23
I personally would be tempted to forward the above post to the VM ceo's office and see what they have to say

I would be inclined to agree!

raybessant
21-04-2011, 16:34
Hello folks,

I have sent all of these posts to CEO Neil Berkett - hasn't made any difference I'm afraid.

Regards,

Ray Bessant.

MovedGoalPosts
21-04-2011, 17:40
By keeping the damaged flooring in place you are actually hindering the reinstatement of the property. The flooring needs to be removed so the substrate has a proper chance of drying.

I'm dissapointed that it seems that contacting the CEO office, which is where our contacts also reside has had little effect.

My only suggestion to you now is to formally write a recorded delivery letter to VM stating that you hold them, as your contract was with them not their subcontractors, fully responsible for the damage you have suffered, and losses you continue to suffer due to their inability to deal reasonably with the consequent issues. Make it clear that this is a "notice before proceedings", referring to the previous email correspondence and phone calls where they have not dealt with it. Advise you will be seeking compensation for all losses you have or will incur, damages for their inconvenience you have suffered, and costs of pursuing actions for recovery. Make it very clear that you will be proceding to reinstate the property to avoid further losses and inconvenence that VM's prevarication is causing.

In the meantime, you have I understand some quotes that were obtained by or for insurers. If you are happy then accept one of those. If you wish to get your own builder to quote, then do so and provided that cost is comaprable you might use him.

I must stress that hiding behind insurers in not an excuse. You do not have a contract with VM's insurers and whether they accept a claim on behalf of VM is irrelevant to you. You have a claiim against VM and will pursue that vigourouosly.

In some cases your household insurance policy may provide you with legal advice and expenses cover. If so now is the time to give them a call.

raybessant
08-05-2011, 10:51
Hello All,

It is now 44 days since Virgin ruined our house - despite our efforts we are no further and feel that we have been treated like dirt.

I wrote this open letter to the CEO of Virgin on Thursday 5th May(names have been left out for reasons of confidentiality).

On the advice of people on this forum I originally e mailed him 5 weeks ago and he replied and said he would help sort this out;

Dear ,

my name is Ray - as you may be aware from previous e mails my family has been suffering as a result of Virgin's incompetence in flooding my property six weeks ago and destroying much of our ground flooring and also as a result of non response to the original complaint and then a dismissive attitude batting the problem to your subcontractor Mapgroup despite our complaints re their treatment of us - our contract was and is with Virgin.

I have asked on several occasions not to have to deal with Mapgroup or their agents due to their ignoring of e mails and phone calls, false promises,condescending attitude,and insulting and manipulative conduct but continue to be forced to deal with them in an attempt to sort this out.I have informed your complaints manager of our desire to sort this out via Virgin but last night was subject to a phone call from the insurance broker for Mapgroup in which after refusing to accept her offer she shouted so loud down the phone at me that my wife heard her in the next room.We have asked for £1000 compensation to settle this matter quickly after informal consultation with our family solicitor and our home insurance legal advisor who have given their opinion that this is a very low amount when the extent of our suffering and the longevity of it are considered.The Insurance broker was last night offering only £500 which we find insulting enough but she then began to play a game saying this was a once only offer and it would be withdrawn "off the table" if we refused - is this a game to them ? is it a game to you ? - if so we have always been the losers and whatever compensation we receive we will continue to be the losers.We have had our house and lives turned upside down and have jumped through hoops sorting it out to now be shouted at by a so called professional who tries to twist words and manipulate us to avoid paying what her clients promised.

I would like to ask you a question - if you were due to move into a new home the following day after spending four months refurbishing it and if a workman came to your house later than promised - lied to you re the choices for cabling which were promised in the Virgin guidelines booklet just to make the quickest installation and then did not use his pipe finding equipment or dust sheets provided - flooded your house causing well over £5000 worth of damage and six weeks later your floor was still unrepaired - your walls bare plaster and trip hazards were apparent - if you,your wife and two teenage children had not had access to a washing machine for six weeks because the flooring was too raised to fit it in - if you had to delay moving house for a week meaning you had to beg your landlord for an extension and then live with four people in a half furnished house with no tv or pc for a week whilst your home dried out - if you had been promised money for full repairs up front into your account and then received less than half - if you had sent over 40 e mails and spent over £100 on phone calls to no avail trying to sort another person's mess and often been left with no reply or waited days for a reply - if you had had 15 tradesmen/professionals you had had to arrange trapesing through your house for estimates and quotes - if you had witnessed your wife cry herself to sleep that night and cry more in the ensuing six weeks than in the previous 20 years put together would you consider £1000 compensation a reasonable sum ?

Regards,

Ray

-

We await his reply,

I would like to again thank everyone on this forum for their support and sound advice which we have endeavoured to follow to the best of our ability.

Regards,

Ray.

LSainsbury
08-05-2011, 15:23
Just come across the thread - all sounds like a nightmare.

If it was me I'd be wanting to air my views in a documented face-to-face meeting with somebody high up in the customer services team.

Good luck - and keep us posted.

nashville
08-05-2011, 15:37
I believe you should be given more than £1000. Take it as far as you can do.

denphone
08-05-2011, 15:40
l am sorry to hear what you have been going through and still going through.

webcrawler2050
09-05-2011, 02:50
Wow, only just found this. Far from ideal, I hope they deal with you in a more profesional manner. I would demand to see someone from my local office.

Have you got a virgin media store in you're local town?

Peter_
09-05-2011, 06:49
Wow, only just found this. Far from ideal, I hope they deal with you in a more profesional manner. I would demand to see someone from my local office.

Have you got a virgin media store in you're local town?
A store manager would be of no use as they have no input on installations.

raybessant
09-05-2011, 09:51
Hello - does this forum allow you to see how many people have viewed this thread ?

Regards,

Ray.

Peter_
09-05-2011, 09:54
Hello - does this forum allow you to see how many people have viewed this thread ?

Regards,

Ray.
Yes just before you click the thread it has a post and view count on the right hand side.

raybessant
09-05-2011, 11:04
Thank you Masque - 1880 people have read this thread - thank you to all.

Regards,

Ray.

LSainsbury
09-05-2011, 12:27
Now 1,909 :-)

okun69
09-05-2011, 18:34
Hi Ray,
I'm sorry to hear about the nightmare you've been having and am amazed at your patience. As you seem to be hitting your head against a brick wall perhaps you should consider BBc's Watchdog (http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/gotastory/) or bringing it to the attention of newspapers and TV (local and National).
It's sometimes worked for me to actually go this far with the promise of negative/ bad publicity for a company to actually finally do something about it.

nashville
09-05-2011, 18:44
Good Idea. Don,t take any more nonsense.

raybessant
09-05-2011, 19:19
Hello,

got in touch with Watchdog 3 weeks ago and they said a researcher would look into it but never got back to me I'm afraid.As for bad publicity - the forums have helped - between all forums used for help and advice I've had more than 3 thousand people read my posts which isn't a bad spread - if they paid less on advertising and more on customer service they would avoid such things methinks.

thanks for your post -

Regards,

Ray

raybessant
09-05-2011, 23:39
I mentioned today to a senior manager in the Virgin CEO's office that I had been asking for advice on this forum - her response was to say that you didn't all know what you were talking about when you advised me to just deal with Virgin and not their SubContractors . Nice eh ?

webcrawler2050
10-05-2011, 04:57
A store manager would be of no use as they have no input on installations.

Maybe not but, they may be another point of contact or if you hassle them enough, they are going to get some to help. Just a train of thought it getting it dealt with asap.

I would ring every day, every hour until they delt with me. I asume you have emailed neil?

Some of this might help: http://pressoffice.virginmedia.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=205406&p=irol-whoswho

Peter_
10-05-2011, 07:55
Maybe not but, they may be another point of contact or if you hassle them enough, they are going to get some to help. Just a train of thought it getting it dealt with asap.

I would ring every day, every hour until they delt with me. I asume you have emailed neil?

Some of this might help: http://pressoffice.virginmedia.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=205406&p=irol-whoswho
They are more likely to just put you through to technical support as it is outside of their remit.

raybessant
10-05-2011, 08:29
I have e mailed Neil many times and my phone calls have so far cost over 100 pounds as most of them are 0845 numbers so I think I have kept on at them quite a lot .

MovedGoalPosts
10-05-2011, 10:01
I mentioned today to a senior manager in the Virgin CEO's office that I had been asking for advice on this forum - her response was to say that you didn't all know what you were talking about when you advised me to just deal with Virgin and not their SubContractors . Nice eh ?

If that is the attitude of VM then I'm afraid you will have to threaten then with legal proceedings. You do not have a contract with anyone ohter than VM. VM may have subcontracted but you do not have a direct relationship with those subcontractors and therefore must look to VM to ensure a resolution to the issue.

Given that your consequential losses are now mounting, in addition to the damage to your property, I'd suggest you contact a solicitor. VM have had enough time to deal with you as Mr Nice Guy, Now it's time for you to get tough.

Hugh
10-05-2011, 10:28
I have e mailed Neil many times and my phone calls have so far cost over 100 pounds as most of them are 0845 numbers so I think I have kept on at them quite a lot .Ray, look on the saynoto0870 (http://www.saynoto0870.com/) site, which will give you the geographic numbers, rather than NNG.

raybessant
10-05-2011, 16:04
It's 46 days since Virgin flooded our house and they still haven't paid for repairs - but it seems we may have made some progress - we have agreed a sum for compensation and repairs - the compensation is a third of what my solicitor says we could have got but we just can't wait that long so we're cutting our losses I guess - anyway I won't believe it until the money's in my account - they've said they'd pay before remember ! Maybe I'm just a born optomist - will let the forum know if there are any last minute shenanigans.

Regards,

Ray

webcrawler2050
16-05-2011, 06:23
Well thats something.. I guess...

When did they say they would pay you by? Did you get it in writing aswell as phone call?

I hope for you're sake it's sorted :(

raybessant
16-05-2011, 10:06
Hello Webcrawler,

they haven't given me any time scale for payment - it was a scanned and e mailed document we signed - they just said as soon as possible - but in the circumstances you'd think I would have been paid by now 6 days after signing the agreement and 52 days after they flooded my house ! but they don't care about me or any of their customers - that's one thing that's become blatantly obvious.

Regards,

Ray

raybessant
17-05-2011, 10:41
Hello All,

today we finally received the money for repairs and the settlement figure - we had to fight for every penny and it took over 50 days - our house now needs a new floor which we can finally begin to order - Virgin continued to the last to make me deal with their subcontractor mapgroup who's behaviour was quite disgusting to us - broken promises and uneccessary delays - even holding us to ransom for repair money saying we could have it if we let them put in a different floor or gave up on the idea of compensation - quite despicable when you consider that their gross negligence ruined our house and prevented us moving into our new home.

Hopefully we can move on and finally put this behind us - I would like to thank all those who read and especially those who were kind enough to give advice and support - it was most appreciated and helped us immeasurably.

Regards,

Ray,Sarah and family.

MovedGoalPosts
17-05-2011, 10:49
Glad you've finally received a setlement, even though it was far too much effort for you to get it. Sometimes Virgin Media really does get it's customer service badly wrong.