PDA

View Full Version : 30M Can I keep AOL at the same time?

Woodw23ard
12-04-2011, 14:23
Hi guys, I'm getting Virgin Media 30mb installed next week. We currently have AOL (obviously non cable)

Will I be able to keep AOL and use both? I do plan on cancelling AOL but I'm worried that if there's a problem with Virgin after the installation we will be left without internet for a bit which we can't afford as my partner works from home 4 days a week.

Also do Virgin set it up for wireless when they do the initial installation?

Peter_
12-04-2011, 14:34
As they are both completely separate the will be no issue whatsoever as Virginmedia broadband does not use the BT phone line.

Woodw23ard
12-04-2011, 15:07
Brilliant that puts my mind at rest. Thanks for the reply. Do you know about the second question with regards to setting it up for wi-fi? We're not the best when it comes to computers!!

I can't wait for it to be installed, I feel like a kid at Christmas again lol!

pip08456
12-04-2011, 15:35
Setting up the WiFi will be your responsibility. If you get a good tech and speak to him nicely he may do it for you but is not required to.

Peter_
12-04-2011, 15:39
Brilliant that puts my mind at rest. Thanks for the reply. Do you know about the second question with regards to setting it up for wi-fi? We're not the best when it comes to computers!!

I can't wait for it to be installed, I feel like a kid at Christmas again lol!
You will get a Superhub which will have the default username and password for your network printed on the back of it, just look for that network enter the password and away you go.

jb66
12-04-2011, 16:41
You will get a Superhub which will have the default username and password for your network printed on the back of it, just look for that network enter the password and away you go.

LOL if only

Peter_
12-04-2011, 16:50
LOL if only
You should only have an issue if the laptop has an Atheros wireless adaptor.