PDA

View Full Version : guys who got vmng300 to replace superhub

Chrysalis
11-04-2011, 12:03
What did you do to activate it?

I have it here now but I am having to wait a couple of days now to get it activated as noone around willing to do it.

pabscars
11-04-2011, 12:13
Ring the CEO's office Chrys, I've got a VMNG300 which has been activated more times than I care to mention, whilst trying different packages etc.

All done via the above route

If your contact isn't in for a few days, try someone else

Chrysalis
11-04-2011, 14:08
basically when I rang others in the office told the lady who answered the phone to forward me to tech support, I was then on hold for 20 minutes then she came back and said I was stuck in a queue would I like her to try again and thats when I said I will ring back in 2 days.

---------- Post added at 13:08 ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 ----------

the vmng300 has some kind of built in self activation page I noticed as well, if I tried to load a page in browser I got redirected to a self activation page but when I tried to use it, it failed.

Skie
11-04-2011, 14:19
Thats not built in, its part of VM's activation system. It's a walled garden for when your modem is connected but not on their system. It dosent always work as I saw when the superhub arrived and had to phone to get it enabled.

pabscars
11-04-2011, 14:20
Just ring back and ask again, no point in waiting 2 days as they might be just as busy, if no one is available ask them to ring you back. There pretty good like that in all fairness.

It helps if you ask for a specific person, who ever is dealing with your issues, but like I said if theyre not in ask to be put through to a colleague.

Or as a last resort you could try bangalore bob (I don't fancy your chances much), I'm guessing the self activation wont work as the modem's mac addy may be assigned to another account, or the fact that you already have a superhub assigned to your account and it wont allow 2 at the same time (in theory ;))

Chrysalis
11-04-2011, 14:21
Ok thanks guys, will try again on wednesday at least I have the device here now tho.

Skie
11-04-2011, 14:22
you already have a superhub assigned to your account and it wont allow 2 at the same time (in theory ;))

In theory, but not in practice!

pabscars
11-04-2011, 14:23
In theory, but not in practice!

I'm saying nowt ;)

jb66
11-04-2011, 14:23
If your getting the activation page and the tick remains solid then the modem has been hit, you need to call up quoting your mac address to get it released from the walled garden

Chrysalis
11-04-2011, 14:26
I rang back again as you said, someone will ring me back in a bit. Will likely plug in the vmng300 ready so wont be online for a bit.

pabscars
11-04-2011, 14:29
I rang back again as you said, someone will ring me back in a bit. Will likely plug in the vmng300 ready so wont be online for a bit.

Good call, saves fanxxxxxx/messing around trying to hold a phone whilst getting the spanners out :D

---------- Post added at 13:29 ---------- Previous post was at 13:29 ----------

You not got a splitter Chrys?

jb66
11-04-2011, 14:38
the modem has to be plugged in and switched on with the tick solid to get it released from walled garden

Chrysalis
11-04-2011, 16:55
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35210354-post28.html

all my IE windows tho auto redirect to that activation page now :p, new IE windows dont tho just ones already open.

pabscars
11-04-2011, 16:59
Nice

jb66
11-04-2011, 17:14
When you reboot the pc it will sort it out

Chrysalis
11-04-2011, 18:49
I reboot about once a month ;)

not a big issue I will just recycle the 2 IE windows its affecting. I am more curious how it happened. Maybe IE caching an internal dns entry or something.

---------- Post added at 17:49 ---------- Previous post was at 16:16 ----------

thanks guys for getting me to ring today, am not regretting it.

Watched a vid clip on guardian's website without it cutting me of midway through :D

even tho tbb jitter graph looks about the same, pingtest is 1ms on repeated tests and ssh feels like I am on adsl no jitter on it at all now. Also tested ssh without using keepalive and it isnt disconnecting me like the superhub did.

Nopanic
11-04-2011, 18:53
I reboot about once a month ;)

not a big issue I will just recycle the 2 IE windows its affecting. I am more curious how it happened. Maybe IE caching an internal dns entry or something.

---------- Post added at 17:49 ---------- Previous post was at 16:16 ----------

thanks guys for getting me to ring today, am not regretting it.

Watched a vid clip on guardian's website without it cutting me of midway through :D

even tho tbb jitter graph looks about the same, pingtest is 1ms on repeated tests and ssh feels like I am on adsl no jitter on it at all now. Also tested ssh without using keepalive and it isnt disconnecting me like the superhub did.

Glad its working out for you.