PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I just buy from who I want to buy from?

Raistlin
10-04-2011, 23:02
Why is it that every damn online retailer these days is advertising stuff for sale only for it to be a third party that's actually selling it?

I want to buy a Sony Memory Stick Pro, but Amazon, Play, Pixmania, are all selling them on behalf of other people - I want to buy from a recognised online retailer, with the safety that gives me (especially for something like this where there are so many fogeries around) but it seems that I'm totally unable to!

Grrrrrrrr

[/rant]

Welshchris
10-04-2011, 23:51
tried Play.com, Jessops, or even SVP? And another one maybe Staples and phaps Argos?

budwieser
10-04-2011, 23:52
Why is it that every damn online retailer these days is advertising stuff for sale only for it to be a third party that's actually selling it?

I want to buy a Sony Memory Stick Pro, but Amazon, Play, Pixmania, are all selling them on behalf of other people - I want to buy from a recognised online retailer, with the safety that gives me (especially for something like this where there are so many fogeries around) but it seems that I'm totally unable to!

Grrrrrrrr

[/rant]

Can`t you just buy one from Aria, ebuyer, Dabs etc?:rolleyes:

papasmurf
11-04-2011, 01:43
If you buy through Amazon, even though it's a 3rd party, you get all the Amazon backup, just like buying direct from them.

Peter_
11-04-2011, 05:54

Grrrrrrrr

[/rant]
Try the Sony website as they tell you the local dealers on there as well.

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/ms-pro-duo

haydnwalker
11-04-2011, 10:55
Sometimes Amazon rotate the sellers they advertise, so it sometimes says "also available from these sellers" and amazon direct is listed in there, I think it must be so all sellers get equal priorities...

Zing
11-04-2011, 11:01

Grrrrrrrr

[/rant]

whats a fogery lol

Ebuyer sell them

http://www.ebuyer.com/store/Storage/cat/Flash-Memory/subcat/Memory-Stick

If I am buying anything online I tend to run a search through google shopping to check prices and availability

Chrysalis
11-04-2011, 16:49

Grrrrrrrr

[/rant]

yeah play and amazon are aweful for that. One reason I stopped using amazon for anything but books now.

try scan.co.uk or even ebuyer. although I think ebuyer has gone downhill a lot lately.

Zing
11-04-2011, 17:14
http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/default.php?cat=6&type=6050&man=0&filterwords=&go=SEARCH&comp= 7 day shop are good

http://www.memorybits.co.uk/ make sure you do a voucher code search first here

MTJR
11-04-2011, 17:24
Like PapaSmurf says, as your transaction is with Amazon then they pick up the liability for anything that goes wrong, including if the item is not as described.

It makes perfect business sense to do it that way. The eventual supplier carries the stock so Amazon don't have to, Amazon take a cut of the sale, the supplier gets exposure through Amazon they would not have otherwise had and you get the product at a price you like. Everyones a winner!

John

Hom3r
11-04-2011, 18:40

Grrrrrrrr

[/rant]

I wanted a toner for my laser printer, the local shop wanted £87 for a 2,500 page one, on Amazon I saw the 6,000 page one for £97. I placed my order on Sunday it turned up before 9am on Tuesday.

It came via a third party, and to be honest I didn't care, if they sell via Amazon they must have been approved as reliable.