PDA

View Full Version : webuyanycar.com

Paul
10-04-2011, 14:59
Anyone had any experience or dealings with this firm ?

danielf
10-04-2011, 15:03
They were in the news recently:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12934140

Zing
10-04-2011, 15:06
aimed at the skint and desperate

Paul
10-04-2011, 15:08
They were in the news recently:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12934140
Well thats not much of a surprise tbh.

aimed at the skint and desperate
I am neither skint or desperate - on what exactly do you base that ?

Russ
10-04-2011, 16:15
Their values of cars is so low that usually those who accept their offers are those who desperately need money. Some website did research on them once and found out something like 1 in 30 people were offered a sum almost close to what they could probably have got by selling their car privately.

Some people call them the 'Cash Generators' of the car world.

Zing
10-04-2011, 17:01
Well thats not much of a surprise tbh.

I am neither skint or desperate - on what exactly do you base that ?

because all these companies offer less than market value for goods and the seller gets an easy sale. Stands to reason imo.

Gary L
10-04-2011, 18:36
You've got to be a mug to sell your car to these kind of people. not saying you're a mug.

---------- Post added at 18:36 ---------- Previous post was at 18:15 ----------

I've just done mine online and they're offering around £2,600 less than I could sell it easily for. I've seen instances where some people are offered around £275 for cars that are worth at least a £1,000. and they charge you about £50 anyway so there's another £50 off the price.

then when you get there the online quote will drop because they'll find something wrong with the car.

Welshchris
10-04-2011, 20:22
My mate is looking to sell his car to help pay for his Uni tuitions which will be starting next year..he has a VW Polo 1.9TDI GT and has been valued elsewhere by a number of people between £5500 and £6200. He put it into this site and they offered him £4100.

Damien
10-04-2011, 20:35
I tried my car, absurd valuation.

Rainman
10-04-2011, 21:34
They have another site, We buy any bike. When I was going to sale my bike some bloke emailed me to ask for the registration to check nothing was wrong. He then emailed back to say it was involved in an accident but offered a ridiculous low price,at the bottom of his email was the words We buy any bike. I then ask who had done the HPI and when I ask the same firm I was told there was nothing wrong at all.
Don't trust them

Osem
10-04-2011, 22:14
As a general rule I avoid, like the plague, companies like this which advertise heavily, give the impression that their customers always get the very best deal, hassle free etc. etc. The plethora of gold buying companies would be a good example and they've been heavily criticised too. In the real world, things rarely seem to turn out as promised by some so I prefer to act on personal recommendation and/or my own experience whenever I can.

Kymmy
11-04-2011, 08:31
It's a simple and fast way of selling a car.. Even your local dealer might not give much more and this company will buy the car..

It's designed for those who don't want hassle and you are paying for the simplicity in the transaction

Acathla
11-04-2011, 08:44
I used them about 5 years ago and they were good for my situation back then. I know they've been getting bad press recently so maybe their business practices have changed somewhat - along with their now irritating TV ad - but my experience was good.

I wanted to see my Megane as I had just received a company car and didn't want to hold onto my personal car for longer than I had to. Current value of the car at the time was something around £1500. I made some attempt to sell it privately and had a couple if viewings but couldn't get it shifted. Eventually went to webuyanycar who valued it on the website at £1250 (so a little less than I was trying to shift it for) but went in to see them and get rid of it the same day. I got £1250 for it and the funds were transferred into my account within 7 days. No 'handling' fee or whatever it is they are charging now.

Suited my situation then but with what they seem to be trying to get away with these days, maybe needs a second and third look before accepting anything from them.

Do note, that even if you go see them and get an offer from them, you are under no obligation. Can't hurt...

Zing
11-04-2011, 09:49
I used them about 5 years ago and they were good for my situation back then. I know they've been getting bad press recently so maybe their business practices have changed somewhat - along with their now irritating TV ad - but my experience was good.

I wanted to see my Megane as I had just received a company car and didn't want to hold onto my personal car for longer than I had to. Current value of the car at the time was something around £1500. I made some attempt to sell it privately and had a couple if viewings but couldn't get it shifted. Eventually went to webuyanycar who valued it on the website at £1250 (so a little less than I was trying to shift it for) but went in to see them and get rid of it the same day. I got £1250 for it and the funds were transferred into my account within 7 days. No 'handling' fee or whatever it is they are charging now.

Suited my situation then but with what they seem to be trying to get away with these days, maybe needs a second and third look before accepting anything from them.

Do note, that even if you go see them and get an offer from them, you are under no obligation. Can't hurt...

You got a good price I am surprised even if the firm had good practices that they only marked it down £250

No one is in business for love they are in it for money and at the end of the day we all have bills to pay so you can not expect top dollar in these situations. But there is fair profit and rip off and it does appear that this company is now a rip off along the same lines as cash converters which someone mentioned earlier