PDA

View Full Version : Matsui MF160 Dishwasher Warning Light

jayventus
09-04-2011, 08:16
Hi,
I've just moved into a place which has the above dishwasher but no manual.

There seems to be 2 warning lights, 1 I guess is low salt and another which has a kind of snowflake icon. The snowflake light comes on when I switch the machine on. I guess it's low in something but never owning a dishwasher I'm not sure what it is.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also if anyone has or knows where I could get a manual for this that would be appreciated to.

Many thanks,
Jay.

Kymmy
09-04-2011, 08:28
I thought the snowflake icon was LOW SALT

Dai
09-04-2011, 09:11
If there are 2 warning lights almost certainly one is low salt and the other low rinse aid. If in doubt top both of them up and see if the warnings go away.

jayventus
09-04-2011, 09:17
Thanks for that.

I was assuming the other was salt because it has a little 's' in a bowl symbol.

I've put some salt in, not sure where the rinse aid goes though?

Thanks,
Jay

Mick Fisher
09-04-2011, 13:32
There's probably a screw cap on the inside face of the Door.

Dai
09-04-2011, 14:57
There's probably a screw cap on the inside face of the Door.

As Mick says, inside the door. There's normally a little cap in the same assembly where you put the dishwasher tablet which will need about a quarter-turn to remove. That'll take a surprising amount of rinse aid - my old Indesit used to take about a quarter-bottle.

jayventus
11-04-2011, 14:54
Thanks all, rinse aid and salt topped up and all's well.

Kymmy
11-04-2011, 15:31
:clap:

haydnwalker
11-04-2011, 16:30
Thats amazing... to say the forum is broadband related ;) Dishwasher question answered quicker than a broadband one.

Maybe the site should be called DishwasherForum.co.uk :D

jonstodge
29-05-2011, 17:25
Hi there, I've just found this thread from google. I have an MF160, but can;t for the life of me work out where the salt goes in. I have worked out where the rinse aid goes.
Anyone have any pointers where I should put the salt?
Regards.

AdamD
29-05-2011, 17:30
The salt container is usually in the bottom of the machine
Is there a large screw cap on the bottom?

martyh
29-05-2011, 17:35
Thats amazing... to say the forum is broadband related ;) Dishwasher question answered quicker than a broadband one.

Maybe the site should be called DishwasherForum.co.uk :D

anyhoo how do you fill up a service dishwasher with broadband :D

swiftflo
30-05-2011, 16:01
For Gods sake this is a cable forum. Surely the OP could see if there is web site or forum for Dishwashers. It never fails to amaze me the questions people ask from a totally inappropriate forum.
I have just been looking at a motoring forum and some idiot was asking questions about the release date for the iphone 5.

Graham M
30-05-2011, 17:16
For Gods sake this is a cable forum. Surely the OP could see if there is web site or forum for Dishwashers. It never fails to amaze me the questions people ask from a totally inappropriate forum.
I have just been looking at a motoring forum and some idiot was asking questions about the release date for the iphone 5.

Rant over?

Good. :erm:

Peter_
31-05-2011, 07:35
The question was asked in the Cableforum Basement Lifestyle section which is allowed.;)