PDA

View Full Version : 50M Upload upgrade in Wardley

Limmer
08-04-2011, 20:03
Does anyone know if the upload increase has actually happened in Wardley? I am on cpc3-ward8-2.... and my modem config shows as Max Traffic Rate: 5140000 bps, but every test I do comes back as still being on 1.5mb upload. Downloads are perfect as they usually are as I think I am one of the lucky ones.:)

I have checked the document on www.virginmedia.com/fasteruploads which states april 2011, but hasn't been updated since 1/3/2011. Anyone any idea?

Pedro1
08-04-2011, 20:12
See if THIS (http://shop.virginmedia.com/content/dam/allyours/pdf/100Mb_rollout_16_03_11.pdf) helps at all...

This is for the 100mb upgrade and the upload speeds are being changed when it happens...

So i have been told anyway but don't quote me though...

Neo-Tech
08-04-2011, 20:14
What modem do you have?

Limmer
08-04-2011, 20:22
See if THIS (http://shop.virginmedia.com/content/dam/allyours/pdf/100Mb_rollout_16_03_11.pdf) helps at all...

This is for the 100mb upgrade and the upload speeds are being changed when it happens...

So i have been told anyway but don't quote me though...

Yeah, I was going to mention that document. I suppose I should have. From the beginning of the year until when that document was updated the upload schedule has always said April and the faster upload rollout schedule has always said March, which confused me somewhat as I would have thought that the two would have been done together. Hmmmnn, as for the modem I have, it is the VMNG300.

Ignitionnet
08-04-2011, 21:03
Sounds like a fault somewhere with provisioning.

Firstly power off your modem for a minute and then repower it.

If it still sucks try and get Virgin to check it out, sounds like while your modem is saying 5Mbps the kit that actually controls your speed at VM is still on the 1.75Mbps.

Limmer
08-04-2011, 21:09
Yeah I have already done several power offs on both modem, router etc. No Joy. I will give them a call or jump on the help forum. Cheers.

Brownie2k
09-04-2011, 01:50
I'm on the Wardley UBR (M30 Salford) 50mb and i've got the 5mb upload speed increase. Infact, i got it on march 4th i think it was.

darkm
10-04-2011, 01:13
Im in Belfast, on the 30 meg service, using the superhub and only get1.6/1.7 meg upload. i should get 3 meg...Been on the phone for the last month to try to get virgin to address the issue but with no luck, the latest today and they even sent me an email quoting traffic management policy I tried to use that as an excuse as to why my upload is like that, even traffic managed on 30 meg I would only get 1 meg upload.
There seems to be a wider issue with the hub and certain ubr. a compatiable issue but lord knows i have no proof and no fault ref to refer to as im getting no where on the phone and starting to get frustrated at this. my config is fine and provisioned for the faster upload....
someone pls have a nice fault ref that they can post that refers to this issue that I and others can use when speaking to the agents on the phone. All they do is check the ubr status and for talk sake if it says everything is fine then there is no issue. Well believe me there is an issue...

Skie
10-04-2011, 01:15
Yeah I have already done several power offs on both modem, router etc. No Joy. I will give them a call or jump on the help forum. Cheers.

You dont have any QoS on your router do you?