PDA

View Full Version : how to contact UK retentions

thedavid2007
08-04-2011, 13:25
I wonder if anyone can help. I am currently on small size broadband for 15.95 a month and new customers get large size for 13.50. I want to call retentions to get a better deal or cancel. I tried phoning 151 and only get 2 options for broadband installation. Pressing the star key took me to customer services in india where the guy totally refused to give me a better deal saying that what I have already is a good package.

_wtf_
08-04-2011, 13:31
Just ring up to cancel everything you have with VM.

You'll soon hear an English accent and speak to someone who actually has the authority to do something.

weesteev
08-04-2011, 13:40
Retentions are only based in the UK, if you choose the option for disconnections then you will get someone in the UK.

Peter_
08-04-2011, 14:34
150 and you choose the option "Thinking of Leaving Us"

RobboEdin
08-04-2011, 14:39
I wonder if anyone can help. I am currently on small size broadband for 15.95 a month and new customers get large size for 13.50. I want to call retentions to get a better deal or cancel. I tried phoning 151 and only get 2 options for broadband installation. Pressing the star key took me to customer services in india where the guy totally refused to give me a better deal saying that what I have already is a good package.
The £13.50 price is a discounted price when you pay for a landline at £12.99 as well, i.e. total price of £26.49.

Is your £15.95 price for BB S a discounted price and do you have a landline?

The price for BB L without a landline is £21 per month.

thedavid2007
08-04-2011, 15:36
The £13.50 price is a discounted price when you pay for a landline at £12.99 as well, i.e. total price of £26.49.

Is your £15.95 price for BB S a discounted price and do you have a landline?

The price for BB L without a landline is £21 per month.

Our house has virgin small broadband and virgin phone in 2 separate accounts. But I got through to retentions on 150 and got it sorted. They combined the 2 into one to get the 13.50 broadband deal. And the phone hadn't been getting the free weekend calls offer at all. But now it will. They also waived the £20 transfer of services fee that I was quoted in 2008. So, quite happy here.

---------- Post added at 14:36 ---------- Previous post was at 14:33 ----------

Just ring up to cancel everything you have with VM.

You'll soon hear an English accent and speak to someone who actually has the authority to do something.

Yes, I got through to someone with an English accent and got it all sorted.

---------- Post added at 14:36 ---------- Previous post was at 14:36 ----------

150 and you choose the option "Thinking of Leaving Us"

yes, got it, thanks.

Nopanic
08-04-2011, 18:56
All good then :)

thedavid2007
09-04-2011, 01:59
All good then :)

Well, not really. Our virgin phone hasn't been getting the free weekend calls since it was introduced, so I think virgin owes us some money. I wonder if we can claim it back.

Nopanic
09-04-2011, 10:17
Well, not really. Our virgin phone hasn't been getting the free weekend calls since it was introduced, so I think virgin owes us some money. I wonder if we can claim it back.

oh .. I think to be honest its your responsibility to review the package you are on and make sure it fits your needs.

VM aren't going to give you money back because you could have saved a few quid by choosing another package and before you say it was their mistake, it could have been an incorrectly ordered service, but how did you not notice?

thedavid2007
10-04-2011, 17:53
oh .. I think to be honest its your responsibility to review the package you are on and make sure it fits your needs.

VM aren't going to give you money back because you could have saved a few quid by choosing another package and before you say it was their mistake, it could have been an incorrectly ordered service, but how did you not notice?

Is that just your judgement or is it virgin policy that the customer should bear the responsibility of reviewing their own package?

carlwaring
10-04-2011, 18:00
Out of interest, why should it not be the customers responsibility to review their own spending?

For example, I'm almost certain that it is more than a year since I last called "retentions" about a 'better deal'. They gave me a good price at the time and one that I am more-than happy with and one which, for the services I have, probably can't be better. So what's the point in me calling them? And, more to the point, what would the point be of VM calling me and saying "would you like to pay us less money per month?" They are a business, after all, and not a charity :D

Nopanic
10-04-2011, 18:02
Is that just your judgement or is it virgin policy that the customer should bear the responsibility of reviewing their own package?

See the part were I said "I think" ...

You might get someone that sees it as an error on VM's side, you might not, I've no idea what the policy is ..

thedavid2007
10-04-2011, 18:29
See the part were I said "I think" ...

You might get someone that sees it as an error on VM's side, you might not, I've no idea what the policy is ..

That doesn't sound very professional. Are you a VM staff member? You should have some idea of company policy if you work for them.

Ignitionnet
10-04-2011, 18:43
That doesn't sound very professional. Are you a VM staff member? You should have some idea of company policy if you work for them.

Not everyone who works for VM works in billing or has any need to know anything about those policies.

Nopanic
10-04-2011, 20:44

As above, there are hundreds of departments within VM, do you expect everyone to know everything ?

It's has nothing to do with being professional, I'm answering you as a poster, not as a representative of VM.

Peter_
10-04-2011, 20:48
We post on here in our own time and we are not giving any official advice as this forum is not Virginmedia owned it is totally independent, so any billing issues need to be taken up with the relevant department as they have full access to your account details were we do not.

thedavid2007
26-04-2011, 18:07
Actually they made a pig's ear of the whole thing. Now I can't access my new account after they combined the two old accounts into 1. I phoned and got through to india who reset my password and still doesn't work. They didn't even type the new account number correctly when they sent me a letter confirming that they had merged both accounts. They also charged my £20 for merging which they said they wouldn't and had to phone up to get this charge removed.

---------- Post added at 17:07 ---------- Previous post was at 16:40 ----------

We post on here in our own time and we are not giving any official advice as this forum is not Virginmedia owned it is totally independent, so any billing issues need to be taken up with the relevant department as they have full access to your account details were we do not.

I'm not buying that. I appreciate that vm members come here to offer help, but they do it under the name of vm staff, so they should act in a professional manner. If you go for an interview, you learn something about the company beforehand. When you get a job, you learn about the company's policies and procedures in order to get things more efficiently and effectively and also to impress the boss and move up the greasy pole.

Sirius
26-04-2011, 18:51
I'm not buying that. I appreciate that vm members come here to offer help, but they do it under the name of vm staff, so they should act in a professional manner. If you go for an interview, you learn something about the company beforehand. When you get a job, you learn about the company's policies and procedures in order to get things more efficiently and effectively and also to impress the boss and move up the greasy pole.

So explain what you meant and want please.

Are you saying mask should help you via this forum because he works for VM even if he does it in his own time and is NOT being told to do it by VM nor is he being paid by VM for doing it. ????

Nopanic
26-04-2011, 19:12
---------- Post added at 17:07 ---------- Previous post was at 16:40 ----------

[/COLOR]

:LOL:

I know plenty about billing, I could probably fix your account, but I don't work for the billing department and have no idea what they tell customers ..

As for learning about polices etc, lol .. you're not talking about an overall view of a department, your asking about specific processes .. I can tell you all about mine and the departments I've worked in, but that's about it ..

Professional manner is open to interpretation ..

Hi thedavid2007,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your Virgin media service. We always aim to give out customers the highest level of service and keep your details safe.

With this in mind you will need to give us a call on 151 from your VM phone or 0845 454 1111 from any other service. We need to speak to you as the account holder to confirm DPA.

Please be aware that calls are charged at a local rate on our 0845 number, please check with your service provider before calling.

Hope you have a wonderful day.

Nopanic

pip08456
26-04-2011, 21:17
:LOL:

I know plenty about billing, I could probably fix your account, but I don't work for the billing department and have no idea what they tell customers ..

As for learning about polices etc, lol .. you're not talking about an overall view of a department, your asking about specific processes .. I can tell you all about mine and the departments I've worked in, but that's about it ..

Professional manner is open to interpretation ..

Hi thedavid2007,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your Virgin media service. We always aim to give out customers the highest level of service and keep your details safe.

With this in mind you will need to give us a call on 151 from your VM phone or 0845 454 1111 from any other service. We need to speak to you as the account holder to confirm DPA.

Please be aware that calls are charged at a local rate on our 0845 number, please check with your service provider before calling.

Hope you have a wonderful day.

Nopanic

Not if you have a BT phone! They're free then!

carlwaring
26-04-2011, 22:23
True. But anyone with a VM phoneline can still call them free on 150 ;)

Also, that's why a lot of companies immediately changed to 0844/0871 numbers, which aren't free!

Nopanic
26-04-2011, 22:57
wow, that really wasn't the point of my post :)

pip08456
27-04-2011, 00:40
I knew that but someone else didn't.:D

I was just being sarcastic with you as normal!:D

Nopanic
27-04-2011, 08:51
I knew that but someone else didn't.:D

:cool: I know ...

Peter_
27-04-2011, 10:41