PDA

View Full Version : ChipsAway

LSainsbury
05-04-2011, 21:11
Anybody used them?

The woman across the road reversed into my car this morning and has put a nice scratch in the bumper. Only had the car a week!!

Just shopping around for quotes.

Osem
05-04-2011, 21:42
IIRC they're a franchise operation so the quality of what you get will be dependent on the people who're covering your area. I've read that some of these operations are much better than others. Apparently quite a few dealers employ this sort of company for minor body repairs so you might try to find out who your local dealers use for this purpose as that'd be a guide to who's good.

When what happened to your car happened to mine I did the very same thing as you but never got around to having the work done in the end. I'm glad too because it was only a few months later that I acquired another ding. No I don't worry about such things and will probably leave any remedial work until I want to sell the car. However, presumably the woman's offered to pay for your repair so it won't cost you anything.

LSainsbury
05-04-2011, 21:53
IIRC they're a franchise operation so the quality of what you get will be dependent on the people who're covering your area. I've read that some of these operations are much better than others. Apparently quite a few dealers employ this sort of company for minor body repairs so you might try to find out who your local dealers use for this purpose as that'd be a guide to who's good.

When what happened to your car happened to mine I did the very same thing as you but never got around to having the work done in the end. I'm glad too because it was only a few months later that I acquired another ding. No I don't worry about such things and will probably leave any remedial work until I want to sell the car. However, presumably the woman's offered to pay for your repair so it won't cost you anything.

Yeah - that's the reviews that I've read - some good some not so good.

However, presumably the woman's offered to pay for your repair so it won't cost you anything.

Exactly - yes.

haydnwalker
06-04-2011, 11:42
My dad used the ChipsAway that our area (Yorkshire) and he was very good... quite cheap for the work he did too...

I think it was something like £165 for all the alloys repaired, along with lots of fairly large/deep chips and lots of minor bumper scuffs.

I'd defintely use them on my car (and plan too soon)

Gary L
06-04-2011, 11:44
How new is the car? couldn't you get another bumper?

budwieser
09-04-2011, 13:23
Anybody used them?

The woman across the road reversed into my car this morning and has put a nice scratch in the bumper. Only had the car a week!!

Just shopping around for quotes.

Claim off of her insurance mate. It`s her fault after all.
Chips away and all other localised repairs may look ok to start with but they will edge out and pick up after a few months.

papasmurf
11-04-2011, 01:58
Similar to what I've heard. Franchise, so it's pot luck. If you get a good one, then apparently, they are very good.