PDA

View Full Version : Can you trust your council?

Gary L
05-04-2011, 18:15
Just heard on the news about a council are going to start charging disbled people for parking. they say it should generate over £50,000 per year.

so far we have charging us for taking our rubbish to the tip and charging disabled drivers for parking.

your council is busy coming up with ideas to 'generate' money all the time now.

be careful out there. it's starting to get ugly.

martyh
05-04-2011, 18:18
Just heard on the news about a council are going to start charging disbled people for parking. they say it should generate over £50,000 per year.

so far we have charging us for taking our rubbish to the tip and charging disabled drivers for parking.

I have often thought that many if not all disabled people have no reason to have free parking ,separate bays yes but not free

papa smurf
05-04-2011, 18:19
too late mate we have a new breed of private parking Gestapo with their own version of the highway code :td:

Gary L
05-04-2011, 18:27
I have often thought that many if not all disabled people have no reason to have free parking ,separate bays yes but not free

But the point is they'll stop at nothing to get money. who knows what they'll charge us for next.

something that we were under the illusion that the council tax covered probably.

---------- Post added at 18:27 ---------- Previous post was at 18:24 ----------

too late mate we have a new breed of private parking Gestapo with their own version of the highway code :td:

I've noticed by me that they're putting double yellows in a lot of places where there weren't none before. effectively shifting the cars somewhere else.

parking meters on residential streets, newly recruited gestapo double yellow parking finers you say?

probably I reply.

martyh
05-04-2011, 18:46
But the point is they'll stop at nothing to get money. who knows what they'll charge us for next.

something that we were under the illusion that the council tax covered probably.

That isn't the case at all ,we all know that councils need more income and that quite a few have frozen council tax bills so they are looking at subsidised services and deciding if they can afford to continue subsidising them and lets face it if a disabled person can afford to run a car then they can afford to park it in town centers

Gary L
05-04-2011, 18:53
That isn't the case at all ,we all know that councils need more income and that quite a few have frozen council tax bills so they are looking at subsidised services and deciding if they can afford to continue subsidising them and

They don't subsidise them all. they don't lose out. they just gain.
they'll be thinking of ways to make money out of you soon.

lets face it if a disabled person can afford to run a car then they can afford to park it in town centers

And they can afford the next, and the next money making idea that pops up too. till they can laugh and say I'll have to sell my soul because you've had all my money now.

Sirius
05-04-2011, 19:24

In answer to your question

No mine is Labour run :mad:

v0id
05-04-2011, 19:31
By charging for parking they could just scrap the blue badge scheme. :/

Or is it that what you heard was the plan for some councils to start to charge for people to have those disabled bay road markings outside their houses, whereas it's currently free to blue badge holders.

If that's the case it makes sense to me, you want one of these you pay for it.
Even though they don't really mean anything and ANYONE can still park in them. They just serve as a notice that a disabled persons park their car there.

j52c
05-04-2011, 19:36
The Liberals have been charging disabled drivers for parking for a long time in Chesterfield. At one time you would find it almost impossible to find a parking space on the big Car Parks, you had to hang about until somebody left, but now when you go into town you have a huge number of spaces you can park in.

Ther are a lot of empty shops now and even the open market is not as busy, and that is one of the biggest in the country, it is really quite in town nowadays.

RUSTY
06-04-2011, 15:34
The Liberals have been charging disabled drivers for parking for a long time in Chesterfield. At one time you would find it almost impossible to find a parking space on the big Car Parks, you had to hang about until somebody left, but now when you go into town you have a huge number of spaces you can park in.

Ther are a lot of empty shops now and even the open market is not as busy, and that is one of the biggest in the country, it is really quite in town nowadays.

You should see Long Eaton & Ilkeston, used to be cracking market towns, `cause there is still lots of choice if you like supermarkets, charity shops fast food outlets..............Often visited Chesterfield market & Turners shop, I suspect the accountants only see money coming in short term from parking not the long term in closed/poor boot sale market stalls/shops/little used car parks.Very doubt full here if Erewash B C care any way, would sooner mess about replacing perfectly good pavements in the town centres.