PDA

View Full Version : Superhub It's been bit of a nightmare lately

jtaylor06
01-04-2011, 22:52
Have no idea what is going on, but the SuperHub is playing up pretty badly as of this week.

Randomly, websites will not load, or load very slowly (can take 2 minutes or so for Google, Cable Forum and Facebook)
Tried doing a Speedtest at the same time of the slow loading and that struggles.
It takes a few minutes to calculate ping, download speed will hit 3Mb at max, and upload speed fails completely (red error box).

and lastly, my brother states that Xbox Live keeps dropping him now and again from parties and games, followed by the Cannot connect to Xbox Live toast.

I've turned off all the nasty features like firewall, flood detection etc. and have lowered it to 145mbps.

Any one have an idea on what may be causing it, or why it happens?

Sorry if it the above sounds like a rant at all, I don't intend it to be :)

Oh, and last of all, anyone else find that the signal strength can be poor even from a small distance of about 1m away from the SuperHub? I've tested it with both inSSIDer (on laptop) and WifiAnalyzer (on my phone)

---------- Post added at 22:52 ---------- Previous post was at 22:49 ----------

Forgot to add, it does eventually sort it self out in the end.
However sometimes it does take a good kick in the backside (reboot ;) )

General Maximus
01-04-2011, 23:00
you need to have a look at the power levels on the modem because all those symptoms can be a result of packets being dropped which can be attributed to a high upstream power level and snr

jtaylor06
02-04-2011, 00:23
Image here for you

http://imgf.tw/397280748.png

I'm not missing a downstream channel btw, just where I've done two print screens and missed out the last channel in the process when adding (the two images) together.

---------- Post added 02-04-2011 at 00:23 ---------- Previous post was 01-04-2011 at 23:15 ----------

http://www.pingtest.net/result/38048544.png (http://www.pingtest.net)

Failswitch
02-04-2011, 04:53
Those power levels are not perfect but well within range. Didn't quite understand from your OP if you are testing with a wired connection when the wireless goes tits up but it's always best to.

Here are a few suggestions to try:

Change 802.11 mode back to 300 Mbps, N Band to 2.4 Ghz, Security mode to WPA2 and in the advanced wireless settings, make sure the "Disable WPS PIN" option is enabled.

jb66
02-04-2011, 08:59
Those power levels ARE perfect!

yorkshireborn
02-04-2011, 09:37
try going back to your old router and modem and see if its better

jb66
02-04-2011, 10:12
Im still trying to figure out whats not perfect about them. Most folk where I work would love an upstream as low as yours. All 4 channels are slap bang in the middle of the -3 to +7 range. SNR is above 40 which is superb.

jtaylor06
02-04-2011, 12:29
Hi everyone :-)

I think ive fixed it.
I changed to 300mbps then back to 145. Pingtest now gived a rating of A with no packet loss.
Things have also sped up.

Thanks for suggestions however :-)