PDA

View Full Version : Surely not an acceptable top?

Chad
01-04-2011, 00:14
I was shopping earlier when I caught site of something that shocked me.

I saw a young Polish family buying their weekly groceries. The father didn't seem to speak good English, the daughter didn't talk at all, and the mother seemed to know enough to chat a little at the tills.

Anyways I suspect if the parents had a better grasp of English, their daughter wouldn't be wearing the top she had on. The daughter who was not a year over 10 was wearing a light pink hooded top, with the following wrote across the front in dark pink sequins:

"Ride it like you stole it!"

I ain't a prude, but WTF:confused:

Kymmy
01-04-2011, 00:17
It's a motoring slogan and nothing to do with I presume you're thinking sex..

Russ
01-04-2011, 00:18
I'm with Kymmy on this, it just sounds like a chavvy boy-racer type of slogan, nothing more.

Kymmy
01-04-2011, 00:20
The bike version is "Ride it like you stole it" and the car version (which dates back about 15 years) is "Drive it like you stole it"

Chad
01-04-2011, 00:23
It's a motoring slogan and nothing to do with I presume you're thinking sex..

I thought it was something to do with joyriding, which reinforced my view that the slogan had sexual overtones. I'm not sure it's an appropriate slogan for young girl to be wearing across her top.

Kymmy
01-04-2011, 00:27
Why?? My partners just confirmed it's originally a NO FEAR slogan for motocross accessories.. It's nothing to do with breaking the law but an on-track reference that just means that you should ride the bike as though it's not yours (in other words "don't worry about damage as that will lose you the race"..

Sorry but I think you should rethink your "I'm not a prude statement" ;) :p:

gazzae
01-04-2011, 00:29
I thought it was something to do with joyriding, which reinforced my view that the slogan had sexual overtones. I'm not sure it's an appropriate slogan for young girl to be wearing across her top.

If it was to do with joyriding would it not be "Ride it like... oh you did steal it"

Chad
01-04-2011, 00:34
Sorry but I think you should rethink your "I'm not a prude statement" ;) :p:

Where's the blushing smiley when you need it:)

Kymmy
01-04-2011, 01:02

:blush:

You mean that one :D

Peter_
01-04-2011, 06:55
https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/04/83.gif

Taf
01-04-2011, 11:13
I've seen very young girls wearing clothes with slogans a LOT more sexually suggestive than I think should be acceptable. But then again, their mothers seemed to have inappropriate slogans on their clothes too.

TheNorm
01-04-2011, 11:31
.... The daughter who was not a year over 10 was wearing a light pink hooded top, with the following wrote across the front in dark pink sequins:

"Ride it like you stole it!"...

Also available on a baby bib:

http://www.cafepress.co.uk/+stole+baby-bibs

Gary L
01-04-2011, 11:37
IThe daughter who was not a year over 10 was wearing a light pink hooded top, with the following wrote across the front in dark pink sequins:

"Ride it like you stole it!"

I ain't a prude, but WTF:confused:

She or someone in her family must be into motorbikes.