PDA

View Full Version : Superhub Pitfalls please

sinbad
31-03-2011, 16:20
Right, I have taken the plunge and am getting the super/pooper hub and 50mbit (from 20) upgrade on Tuesday. Is there a quick summery of issues to be expected and resolutions, tweaked settings etc??
I have been an ardent viewer on the forum for a while and finally registered to post. I have scanned the posts and there seems to be a mix for and against the new hub. I am in Edinburgh and have seen reference to "walled garden"????? Whats that and how will it affect me??
Any pointers to previous discussions that help woulod be appreciated.
Cheers

craigj2k12
31-03-2011, 16:25
theres going to be a firmware update some time next week, which may fix some issues, however I dont know when next week.

at the moment there are issues with the hub randomly re-booting. you cant forward more than 2 or 3 ports without it going into lockdown and stopping you accessing the web interface, or the internet for that matter

please note that not every superhub has all of the issues but only time will tell

sinbad
31-03-2011, 16:28
Cheers, I take it the firmware is done automatic without any intervention?

Mick Fisher
31-03-2011, 17:04
Cheers, I take it the firmware is done automatic without any intervention?
You have to reboot it to load the new firmware however at the rate mine spontaneously reboots you could say it's automatic after a fashion. ;)

Skie
31-03-2011, 22:40
I can only go on my own experiences but mine had:
Terrible wifi-range/throughput
Regularly lost wifi altogether (would appear on devices but would refuse connections)
Occasionally lost LAN (Wifi would still work, but as you can't easily reboot it from the UI it was a trip to the loft each time)
Regular reboots
It added 15-40ms onto pings in games (wired LAN, I dread to think what wifi would have been like for gaming)

jb66
31-03-2011, 22:45
If your in gorgie or orchard brae area your superhub might not lock on for 24 hours, ongoing fault since last year